[FINOS Community] Tech Sprint Launch - Developer Participation Invitation: Announcement & Event Signup

1 view

Karl Moll

Jul 3, 2024, 3:15:44 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to FINOS General Community List
Hi FINOS community!

We’re fresh off of a very successful OSFF London, and we are already preparing for our next OSFF New York (September 30, October 1).

Today, we are launching the Open Source in Finance - Tech Sprint 2024, which will run between now and OSFF New York!

In this ongoing technical initiative, we invite developers to come together and collaboratively build functional proofs of concept & reference architectures which showcase how to integrate FINOS and other open source projects to build applications which are greater than the sum of their parts. The tech sprint will largely be focused around TraderX as the SDK for building integrations between projects in the ecosystem, but there is also ongoing work on building FINOS LLM Exploration and Open RegTech use cases which are currently working on submitting use cases as we speak.

While the Tech Sprint is officially open as of now (please feel free to look at the open discussions around use cases to begin working!), there will be a project presentation, whiteboard brainstorming, and planning/scoping session on Tuesday, July 16 (8am-6pm ET, with several sessions throughout the day). The event will be hybrid, with an in-person space at the Barclay's RISE NYC for up to 25 people (make sure to register early!).

Why participate: The most feasible and impressive solutions will be selected for presentation at OSFF New York in September. This is a unique opportunity to present your work to industry leaders, investors, and potential collaborators. There is also an opportunity that this will lead to an official hackathon in September if there is enough community interest. There will also be opportunities for developers to earn Credly badges for participating in the various events related to the initiative.

Check out our official announcement to sign up to participate in the tech sprint, register for the July 16 event (in-person & virtual), and learn more about the tech sprint & use cases.

We are looking forward to working with you all on this, and very excited to see what we can build together!

Best,
Karl Moll
Technical Project Advocate
FINOS