FDC3 Working Group Changes

nicholas kolba

Apr 26, 2020, 9:00:36 PM4/26/20
to fd...@finos.org, FDC3 API Working Group, FDC3 Context Data and Intents Working Group, fdc3-u...@finos.org, PMC List for the FDC3 Program
Hello FDC3-ers,

I hope that you and your families are all staying healthy (and sane) in these challenging times!

As discussed in both the Context Data & Intents and API working groups, we will now move forward with a streamlined approach that will integrate all working groups - including Use Cases - into a single group dedicated to working out future standard versions.

A doc outlining the new structure is available here.  Please look for a new invite for the monthly meeting of the working group coming out from FINOS.

Some other FDC3 related news:

- A blog post on the FDC3 1.1. release has been published on the FINOS site.  Look for more material on 1.1 coming soon!
- The FDC3 desktop-agent Chrome Extension project - which is an open source implementation of FDC3 has now been contributed into FINOS!  We're looking forward to continuing to move this project forward as a great medium to provide a quick and easy way to get started with FDC3.
- The FDC3 & FINOS partnership was featured in Tearsheet's Bank Fintech partnership awards for 2020.
- It's old news now, but FINOS joined the Linux foundation at the beginning of the month.  FDC3 was one of the featured projects in the LF announcment and we're looking forward to a very productive relationship between FDC3 and the LF!

Thanks and hoping to talk to everyone soon!

- Nick