[FINOS Community] TOC elections

'Colin Eberhardt (He/Him)' via FINOS General Community List

May 19, 2024, 3:17:09 PMMay 19
to FINOS General List
Dear FINOS Community,

The FINOS Technical Oversight Committee is up for elections! There are 10 vacant seats and today we’re announcing the opening for candidacies, starting on Wednesday 22 May and closing on Wednesday 5 June. Given the amount of seats, we decided to split voting in 2 rounds, one in June and one in July (full timeline below).

If you’re either an active contributor of a FINOS project or an employee of a (FINOS) member organization, you can follow these simple steps to submit your candidacy:

  1. Review TOC responsibilities and ways of working; feel free to contact help@finos.org if you have any questions.
  2. Open a Github issue on https://github.com/finos/technical-oversight-committee/issues with the following information:
    1. Title: [TOC Candidacy] <full name of the candidate>
    2. Affiliation: <name of the company you work for ; if not applicable, type “Independent”>
    3. Bio
    4. Reasons for candidacy: <member OR active contributor of project x,y,z or both>

Below the full timeline:

  • Wednesday 22 May - candidacy opens
  • Wednesday 5 June - candidacy closes and first round of voting opens (5 seats)
  • Wednesday 12 June - first round voting closes
  • Friday 14 June - new TOC members are announced
  • Friday 5 July - second round of voting opens (5 seats)
  • Friday 12 July - second round of voting closes
  • Monday 15 July - new TOC members are announced

This is a fantastic opportunity to influence the direction of FINOS, through providing knowledge and insight.

Regards, Colin E.

The contents of this email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. The information may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.

Email is susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised amendment, viruses, and unforeseen delays. Although Scott Logic Limited has taken reasonable precautions to avoid these situations, it cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of any of these actions and the recipient must ensure that the email (and attachments) are virus-free.

Please note, that we do not accept notification of changes to bank account details by email. This applies to notifications from or to us.

Scott Logic Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registration number 05377430. Registered office address: 6th Floor, The Lumen, St James Boulevard, Newcastle Helix, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 5BZ . Our VAT number is 866 1051 30.

Stay informed on the latest updates from FINOS, including the FINOS newsletter and notifications of upcoming FINOS events - see www.finos.org/sign-up