No FDC3 Standards Working Group meeting tomorrow (28th March 2024)

'Kristopher West' via FDC3 Project

Mar 27, 2024, 2:08:26 PMMar 27
to fd... @finos. org
Hi All,

Due to my own travel plans, and that of other FDC3 maintainers over Easter, we're short a chair for tomorrow's FDC3 Standards Working Group meeting and will be cancelling it. This will (we hope) give the maintainers some time to catch up on a number of maintenance and review tasks before our next meeting on Thursday 25th April. Those include:
We're also due to continue discussion of the following issue at the next meeting:
A solution for which may have multiple other use cases, including providing information for use in analytics (by linking several separate API calls to the same business workflow or interaction) or to help direct responses to an interaction (App-specific context metadata #829).

Other upcoming FDC3 meetings:
  • Thursday 4th April: FDC3 Use Cases and Workflows Discussion Group
    • A less technical meeting looking at use cases firms are keen to implement that warrant additions to the FDC3 standard to support.
  • Thursday 11th April: FDC3 Identity & Threat Modelling
    • A meeting exploring interop use cases that could be implemented if we had better support for confirming app/user/desktop agent identities (and hence more trust or better-protected communications) in FDC3 - expected to enable more integration between apps from buy- and sell-side organisations, amongst others.
  • Thursday 18th April: FDC3 Web Browsers Discussion group
    • A meeting for working on proposals to bring FDC3 to Web Browsers, securely and while preserving the vendor agnostic nature of FDC3-enabled apps - currently working on the final proposal drafts!
  • Wednesday 24th April: FDC3: Desktop Agent Bridging Discussion Group
    • A meeting for discussing the bridging (communication between) Desktop Agents/platforms that use them, allowing interop to span across multiple.
  • Thursday 25th April:  FDC3 Standard Working Group
    • The next interaction of the main governance meeting for FDC3.
To have any of these meetings series added to your calendar, please email he...@finos.org.

signature_839383943

Kris West

signature_4282944278