FINOS Community - 2 opportunities to help shape open source in finance

Aaron Griswold

Jul 9, 2024, 1:54:41 PM (7 days ago) Jul 9
to FINOS General Community List, Aaron Griswold
Dear FINOS Community,

This is a quick email to remind you of two opportunities to help shape open source in finance by showcasing your knowledge at OSFF, or working directly in an Open Source in Finance tech sprint starting next week.

The Open Source in Finance Forum (OSFF) London was a huge success (more to come in the newsletter next week). We're building towards NY now.

OSFF NY is a day and a half on September 30th and October 1st in Times Square. The CFP has been open since May 20th, but it is closing at the end of this week. Don't miss your opportunity to showcase your skills and or knowledge around open source in finance in general, or FINOS projects specifically.

We've also partnered with CNCF, FinOps Foundation, and the Open Mainframe Foundation to center on talks specific to their open source communities, with the lens of finance to "cross the streams".

Topics of interest to our community are listed here:

Start your OSFF NY CFP application here and finish by July 14th:

Karl Moll, our Technical Project Advocate announced last week the launch of the OSinFinance Tech Sprint 2024. This has in-person and online components, and is ongoing over the next couple of months as we trial and refine the model.

If you are in NYC - Join us on Tuesday, July 16 (8am-6pm ET) at Barclays RISE NYC (43 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10010). Please register because we only have room for 25 in-person participants.

If you would like to participate virtually, you can sign up on the same form - just indicate your preference.

The Tech Sprint is officially open as of now (please feel free to look at the open discussions around use cases to begin working!),

In-person and virtual registration is here:

Thank you for all you do!

Thanks so much,
~ Grizz / Aaron G

---

 Grizz / Aaron Griswold | Head of Marketing | FINOS
(Part of the Linux Foundation)

           gr...@finos.org