This Week at FINOS - Week of November 22nd

1 view

James McLeod

Nov 22, 2021, 8:59:11 AM11/22/21
to comm...@finos.org

Dear FINOS Community,

We are still processing the tremendous amount of excitement and success from last week's Open Source Strategy Forum and FINOS Member Meetings. This year's OSSF NY and FINOS Member Meetings were all about coming together as a community, driving new ideas, and promoting collaboration across the financial services industry.

Over the two day period, over 400 individuals from over 140 different organizations stemming from banks, to consultancies and tech firms, came together in person to meet and drive an open dialogue around different opportunities and approaches in transforming finance through open technology and standards.

We feel incredibly enriched from the invaluable learnings, takeaways, and community insights from our NY OSSF and Member Meetings, and want to share some key takeaways with the wider community:

A few OSSF takeaways :

Here's what's happening in the week of November 22nd, 2021 within the FINOS community.

Monday, November 22nd

Tuesday, November 23rd

Wednesday, November 24th

  • 11am ET / 4pm BST. FINOS Office Hours - Your FINOS Questions Answered

    • FINOS Office Hours are hosted by Director of Community James McLeod to answer FINOS questions and help people join / start contributing to FINOS.

    • Calendar invite | Webex

Thursday, November 25th

  • (US Holiday) No project or SIG meetings planned for today.

Friday, November 26th

  • No project or SIG meetings planned for today.

Upcoming events:

  • December 8, 2021 - 5pm to 6:15pm GMT : Open Source London // Dec 2021 // Online event
    • We’re back online for the next Open Source London meetup where we have a fantastic line-up of speakers and talks for you in December:
    • Hilary Carter, VP Research, The Linux Foundation
    • Colin Eberhardt, CTO, Scott Logic
    • Abby Mitchell, Quantum Developer Advocate, IBM
    • Maxwell Hsu, Developer Relations, Digital Asset
    • Register here for Open Source London

Have a great week and please contact ju...@finos.org or ja...@finos.org if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual meetup or podcast.

Kind regards,

Julia Ritter - FINOS Community Manager.