Welcoming Julia Ritter and the Community specification to FINOS!

1 view

Gabriele Columbro

Jun 1, 2021, 10:22:35 PM6/1/21
to FINOS General List, Julia Ritter, Aitana Myohl, Alexandra Stratigos, Jane Gavronsky, Aaron Griswold
Dear FINOS Community,

Hope you all (well most of you) had a great long weekend, and, despite the weather wasn't that great in NYC, that you are hopefully refreshed :)

Our Community continues to be as busy as ever, and I am sure that so are you! So I wanted to send you a quick note to make sure you don't miss 2 important happenings in our Community:
  1. Please virtually meet and join me in welcoming our latest new hire (cc'd): Julia Ritter starts today as our NYC-based Community Manager, FINOS. Julia brings a wealth of experience in customer relations, community management & operations, and community growth. As a dedicated Community Manager, she will work closely with James, Aitana and Grizz to support the success of our project and the growth of our contributors base. We are super excited to have Julia onboard and, while I'm sure you'll get to interact with her in the next few weeks as she comes online, feel free to email her at julia....@finos.org and introduce yourself!
  2. As many of you should know already, at the April meeting, the Governing approved the usage of the Community Specification as default charter for our future open standard efforts. This set of best practices brings together the best of two worlds, enabling an open standard process to be carried in familiar open source tooling (like github) and collaboration primitives (e.g. pull requests). We expect new open standard projects to follow this new approach as well as existing standard projects to consider moving to this in the near future. If you are interested to learn more, you can review the updated Open Standard Governance and, if you are a Member, propose new open standard projects here.
Finally, next week several members of the FINOS team will be in NYC, including  +Aitana Myohl, our new CTO +Jane Gavronsky and I. This will be our first in-person meeting after a very long time! Given the situation is still in evolution we haven't made firm plans yet for in-person community meetings, but if you 1) are in town 2) are comfortable meeting indoors/outdoors 3) would like to catch up, please do reach out to me and +Alexandra Stratigos!

Thanks for your continued contributions that continue to fuel the growth of our Community!

Gab
--
Gabriele Columbro | Executive Director | FINOS

FINOS recently announced the availability of Legend, the logical modeling and language contributed by Goldman Sachs. Get sandbox access and contribute to the platform!

FINOS (now part of the Linux Foundation) hosts the largest community of open source contributors in Financial Services. Contribute to our projects and become a Member to help us build a true open financial stack and ecosystem.