This Week at FINOS - Week of March 14th

James McLeod

Mar 14, 2022, 9:18:49 AM3/14/22
to comm...@finos.org
Dear FINOS Community,

This is a reminder that clocks have gone forward by +1 hour in the US, which means FINOS Project and SIG meetings start 1 hour earlier in the UK

We’re two days away from our first 2022 fully hybrid FINOS Open Source in Finance Meetup in New York City! The in-person space at Synechron FinLabs, NYC is limited, so register here to be added to the in-person wait list and we’ll confirm your spot by March 14th.

Whilst in-person space is limited, you can register here to join the FINOS NYC meetup virtually to hear Eddie Knight, Open Compliance for CDMC Lead Maintainer from Synechron and Mike Meriton / Eric Bigelsen from the EDM Council talk about how FINOS and the CDMC have joined forces to deliver certified and tested cloud services through Compliant Financial Infrastructure

Registration is Now Open for Open Source in Finance Forum (OSFF), London taking place on Wednesday 13th July 2022. Register now and join our growing list of financial services expert speakers

Join FINOS during Fintech Week London, who FINOS and The Linux Foundation partnered with this week. The Call for Papers for OSFF London and OSFF New York is still open!

The latest Open Source in Finance Podcast has been released! During this episode Grizz discusses the Regulator Perspective on Open Source in Financial Services with two former US financial regulators, Sultan Meghji (former FDIC Chief Innovation Officer) and Jennifer Lassiter (founding member of the Innovation Lab at the FDIC). Listen to the latest FINOS podcast here.

Here's what's happening during the week of March 14th, 2022 within the FINOS community.

Monday, March 14th

Tuesday, March 15th

  • No project or SIG meetings planned for today.

Wednesday, March 16th

  • 11am ET / 3pm GMT. FINOS Office Hours - Your FINOS Questions Answered

    • FINOS Office Hours are hosted by Director of Community James McLeod to answer FINOS questions and help people join / start contributing to FINOS.

    • Calendar invite | Webex

  • 5pm ET / 9pm GMT. Compliant Financial Infrastructure (FCI Project ) + CDMC - FINOS Open Source in Finance Hybrid NYC Meetup

    • NYC In-Person Waitlist: (5pm-7pm ET) Space is limited - so if you are in NYC, we have a wait list for the in-person option. We will notify everyone who signs up of availability and venue info (near Times Square) by March 14th (to avoid no-shows). We're working on a drop-in after the meetup as well if you can't attend - so either way - Register Here

    • Online Live: We will broadcast the meetup presentations via Zoom at 6pm ET / 3pm PT - Register Here

Thursday, March 17th

  • 9am ET / 1pm GMT. FDC3 Context Data & Intents Discussion Group

    • At the FDC3 Use Cases Roundtable London, participants agreed that the FDC3 lexicon needs to be expanded, both with additional intents and context types to support Use Cases, but also to include more primitive data types in order to construct complex types. A number of participants also agreed that now is an appropriate time to expand the Lexicon.

    • This group is being convened to discuss and arrange work to contribute further Context types and Intents to support Use Cases being implemented by participants.

    • Calendar invite | Agenda

  • 12pm ET / 4pm GMT. DevOps Mutualization Special Interest Group

    • The DevOps Mutualization Special Interest Group (SIG) aims to solve common engineering problems by providing a continuous compliance and assurance approach to DevOps that mutually benefits banks, auditors and regulators whilst accelerating DevOps adoption in engineering and fintech IT departments.

    • Calendar invite | Webex | Agenda

Friday, March 18th

  • No project or SIG meetings planned for today.

Have a great week and please contact ju...@finos.org or ja...@finos.org if you have any questions or you would like to take part in a FINOS virtual meetup or podcast.

Kind regards,

Julia Ritter - FINOS Community Manager.