New Project Announcement : Structured Products Project

6 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Jean-Baptiste Ziadé

no leída,
7 abr 2022, 11:18:22 a.m.7/4/22
para Comm...@finos.org

Dear FINOS Community,

We are excited to announce that the Structured Products Project, a project from our FINOS' Associate Member ISDA, has been successfully set up for collaboration and contributions in the  FINOS infrastructure at https://gitlab.com/finosfoundation/legend/financial-objects/structured-products.  While the project is open for participation to everyone, the project will be developed under the ISDA developer license, akin to the 2019 FX Options Averaging Model Pilot, to contribute changes back to the ISDA CDM canonical source.

Problem Statement :

  • How to standardize the representation of "Structured" Products in CDM
  • The CDM represents simple products across the five key derivative asset classes.
  • Industry adoption requires that CDM addresses products with more complex payouts.

Approach:

  • Through a modeling working group, extend the CDM with the data features associated with structured products.
  • Most of the building blocks are already available in the current state of the CDM. The expectation is preferably to leverage methodically existing items with some selective amendments or enhancements rather than creating many new data types.
  • The modeling effort will use the open-source, freely accessible Legend Platform that already hosts the CDM.
  • Output will be contributed iteratively to the CDM whenever consensus is reached.

Call for Participants:

  • Derivative Product SMEs, Modelers, Data Engineers, CDM enthusiasts, Technologists

More information is available at https://gitlab.com/finosfoundation/legend/financial-objects/structured-products, and you can reach out to either of the following :

Please join us for our next meeting on Tuesday, April 26h, at 10 AM ET/3 PM GMT

The meeting details are available below.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to seeing you at the first meeting!

Regards

Jean-Baptiste Ziadé

CPO - Fragmos-Chain

Responder a todos