Welcome Jane Gavronsky as FINOS CTO, Tosha's new hat & FDC3 1.2 webinar!

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Gabriele Columbro

10 May 2021, 22:40:0610/05/2021
to FINOS General List, Jane Gavronsky, Tosha Ellison
Dear Community,

Hope you had a relaxing weekend.

With so much going on in our Community it's  sometimes hard to keep up with all the moving parts, so I wanted to make sure to send you a quick update on three key things happening this week:

1. Please join me in welcoming Jane Gavronsky to the FINOS team as our new Chief Technology Officer; she is based in NYC and starts today! Amongst her most relevant experiences, Jane was Managing Director at Credit Suisse, where she was the Global Head of Reference Data Technology Services. We are incredibly excited to have her on board, and we think she would be a great addition to the Community: as FINOS gets involved in increasingly inter-firm mission critical use cases, the open collaboration process will benefit from the depth and breadth of her industry expertise. I'm sure you'll get the chance to meet Jane as she joins our meetings, meetups and other online events over the next few weeks, but in the meanwhile please don't hesitate to get in touch with her via email and Slack and welcome her to the FINOS family.

2. On an unrelated note, starting May 15th our COO Tosha Ellison will transition to an advisory position as she begins a new adventure. While Tosha will continue to participate in strategic initiatives (e.g. Open Regtech & OSSF), starting next week she will effectively start transitioning out most of her day by day responsibilities. Tosha has been & remains a fundamental contributor to the FINOS Community growth, and so I am very happy that, while on a reduced time capacity (~25%), she will continue to help drive key FINOS efforts with her wisdom and relentless passion for efficiency in our industry. Our Marketing Manager Grizz (Aaron Griswold) will take over our Community Marketing, and our Chief of Staff Alexandra Stratigos will continue spearheading our Member Success function, but as usual you are encouraged to continue using our email aliases for the best response time on requests relating to EventsLegal / Governance, IT/ODP Help or Informational in nature. Finally, I'll definitely be in touch soon with further updates as we progress on the 2021 hiring plan, but in the meanwhile don't hesitate reaching out to me for any question.

3. And, since I'm here, might as well add a shameless plug :) Don't miss our upcoming FINOS Open Source in Finance Webinar on Wednesday, with the FDC3 Maintainers walking us through the recently announced FDC3 1.2 release (also check out this blog post for an overview of FDC3 1.2 by Lead Maintainer Riko Eksteen). The standard continues to grow in features and industry adoption, so you don't definitely don't want to miss hearing it directly from the team behind it. Free registration here.

4. Finally, in case you missed it, we had over 110 people and 11 project maintainers joining us for the Q2 All Community Call on April 28th. Take a look at this video & recap or you can even check out our podcast! Kudos to our Community for showing up en masse, it always feels great to be connected, even though only remotely (for a while longer).

Thanks as always for your continued contributions!

Gab

--
Gabriele Columbro | Executive Director | FINOS

FINOS recently announced the availability of Legend, the logical modeling and language contributed by Goldman Sachs. Get sandbox access and contribute to the platform!

FINOS (now part of the Linux Foundation) hosts the largest community of open source contributors in Financial Services. Contribute to our projects and become a Member to help us build a true open financial stack and ecosystem.

Jane Gavronsky

14 May 2021, 09:42:2214/05/2021
to Gabriele Columbro, FINOS General List, Tosha Ellison

Dear FINOS community,

I am wrapping up my first week as a FINOS team member, and I want to reach out and thank everyone for your warm welcomes and good wishes.

I am thrilled and honored to join the stellar FINOS team and I am very excited to be able to contribute to the FINOS mission of accelerating innovation through Open Source in financial services.  I hope to bring my experience in delivering value-focused, transformative technology solutions to facilitate and extend collaboration across this community.

As I begin my journey and learn about all the valuable initiatives you are driving across the FINOS project landscape, please don't hesitate to reach out and introduce yourselves, as I am keen to meet as many in the community as possible.

See and speak with you soon!

Jane