New Legend modelling initiatives under Financial Objects project

Acland, Ffion

Feb 8, 2021, 3:17:51 PM2/8/21
to comm...@finos.org

Hi FINOS Community,

Hope you are all well.

On the back of the success of the modelling efforts run last year as part of the Legend Open Source we are keen to take that momentum and tackle some new problem statements.

The Financial Objects project feels like the right place to position these and therefore I will be happy to host (and would prefer a co-host to join me) the FO project such that we create a space for modelling opportunities driving and improving the interactions between parties in the financial industry. Keen to keep the scope broad such that other problem statements can be explored in the future.

Please refer to the following git issues that tracked the discussions a few months back choose new project leads for FO and RFC: the future of Financial Objects.

The two project proposals we are committing to and we believe belong under the FO umbrella are: i) reviewing and enhancing the ISDA CDM for commodities options (commodities payout terms) and ii) creating a common template for product control price dissemination (product control common template).

If there are no objections raised in the next week we will move forward on the basis that the Financial Objects project is re-instated and these two groups are set up under that umbrella. Please do reach out if you would be interested in co-hosting the Financial Objects project.

The two modelling efforts will be meeting over the next two weeks so please join the kick-off sessions (details below).

Commodity Payout Terms - Kick off meeting

Thursday, February 11th at 11am ET / 4pm GMT

Meeting link: https://finos.webex.com/finos/j.php?MTID=m67d73e1fc1592e699f3cf95d4627de8d

Meeting number: 127 391 7484

Password: JMrsuEmY376

Join by video system: Dial 12739...@finos.webex.com. You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Join by phone: +1-415-655-0003 US Toll | +44-20319-88141 UK Toll | Access code: 127 391 7484

Product Control Common Template - Kick off meeting

Monday, February 22nd at 10am ET / 3pm GMT

Meeting link: https://finos.webex.com/finos/j.php?MTID=m6e9255a2368279a9f1857f176cbf2c1a

Meeting number: 127 642 4586

Password: J2SqF2Kp5X2

Join by video system: Dial 12764...@finos.webex.com. You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Join by phone: +1-415-655-0003 US Toll | +44-20319-88141 UK Toll | Access code: 127 642 4586

Thanks,

Ffion

Ffion Acland                                                Goldman

Vice President                                                             Sachs

Data Models and Governance

Goldman Sachs (UK) SVC. Limited

Plumtree Court | 25 Shoe Lane |  London EC4A 4AU

Tel:  (44) 020-755-25065

Email: ffion....@gs.com

Your Personal Data: We may collect and process information about you that may be subject to data protection laws. For more information about how we use and disclose your personal data, how we protect your information, our legal basis to use your information, your rights and who you can contact, please refer to: www.gs.com/privacy-notices

Ian Sloyan

Feb 12, 2021, 10:19:56 AM2/12/21
to Acland, Ffion, comm...@finos.org

Hi Ffion, FINOS Community,

This is a very exciting development and ISDA is very happy to participate and see more development of financial data models via the FO project, particularly to help extend CDM or provide standards which are complementary to our goals for CDM.

If you would like ISDA to help co-host that is something we would be happy to do. Let’s discuss that.

Thanks

Regards

Ian

Feb 18, 2021, 10:49:36 AM2/18/21
to comm...@finos.org, product-control...@finos.org, Ian Sloyan, Aitana Myohl, Acland, Ffion, Poon, Kenneth

Hi FINOS Community,

A gentle reminder that the weekly Product Control Common Template working group will kick off on Monday, 22nd Feb 2021 at 10am ET / 3pm GMT.

Objective of the Working Group:

In the OTC derivatives market, consensus-based pricing is an essential data exchange mechanism for market participants to validate their asset valuations against independent prices so as to support product control functions. For greater consistency and efficiency we are trying to construct an industry standard common template for submitting to and getting OTC derivative pricing data back via a common model.

Meeting details:

·         Meeting link: https://finos.webex.com/finos/j.php?MTID=m6e9255a2368279a9f1857f176cbf2c1a

  • Meeting number: 127 642 4586
  • Password: J2SqF2Kp5X2
  • Join by video system: Dial 12764...@finos.webex.com. You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.
  • Join by phone: +1-415-655-0003 US Toll | +44-20319-88141 UK Toll | Access code: 127 642 4586

Call for Contributors:

·         Product/Valuation Control SMEs from the contributing Banks, Consensus Service Providers.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Agarwalla

EMEA Equity Derivatives Product Control

Goldman Sachs Services Pvt. Ltd
Wing A - 150 ORR | Helios Business Park

Kadubeesanahalli | Bangalore 560103 | India
Tel (IN): +1-212-934-5957

Mail: Abhishek....@ln.email.gs.com

Aitana Myohl

Feb 18, 2021, 2:31:04 PM2/18/21
to Acland, Ffion, comm...@finos.org, Ian Sloyan
Hi Ffi,

thank you for stepping forward to lead the Financial Objects project. Following the support that your proposal has received over the past ten days, and the lack of objections from the community, we're delighted to confirm that you're the new lead for the FINOS Financial Objects project.

Best,
Aitana
Aitana Myohl | Strategic Initiatives Manager | FINOS
FINOS has joined the Linux Foundation to further accelerate the growth of open source in financial services. Get involved today and become a FINOS Member to contribute to building a truly open financial stack and ecosystem.

Agarwalla, Abhishek

Feb 22, 2021, 8:56:18 AM2/22/21
to comm...@finos.org, product-control...@finos.org, Ian Sloyan, Aitana Myohl, Acland, Ffion, Poon, Kenneth, Thomas, Richard M

Hi FINOS Community,

A gentle reminder to join our upcoming Product Control Common Template working group kick off meeting at 10am ET / 3pm GMT.

Please find below the agenda and attached material for today’s meeting:

·         Convene & roll call

·         Display FINOS Antitrust Policy summary slide

·         FINOS Overview

·         Quick introduction from participants (company / background)

·         Overview of the initiative (problem statement / proposed solution / approach)

·         Introduction to CDM and Legend Studio

·         Q&A

Meeting details:

Stay up to date by sending an email to product-control-comm...@finos.org

Best Regards,

Abhishek Agarwalla

EMEA Equity Derivatives Product Control

Goldman Sachs Services Pvt. Ltd
Wing A - 150 ORR | Helios Business Park

Kadubeesanahalli | Bangalore 560103 | India
Tel (IN): +1-212-934-5957

FINOS.Product.Control.common.template.kick.off.pdf

Agarwalla, Abhishek

Mar 1, 2021, 7:35:33 AM3/1/21
to comm...@finos.org, product-control...@finos.org, Aitana Myohl, Thomas, Richard M, Acland, Ffion

Hi FINOS Community,

A gentle reminder to join our upcoming Product Control Common Template working group kick off meeting at 10am ET / 3pm GMT.

Please find below the agenda and attached material for today’s meeting:

·         Convene & roll call

·         Display FINOS Antitrust Policy summary slide

·         Review Meeting Notices

·         Approve past meeting minutes

·         Vendor questions

·         CDM introduction

·         Legend Studio introduction

·         Transition Approach: Indicative Model to Model Mapping

·         Constituents and Structure of the Governance Process

·         Open discussion: How can we get more banks and suppliers to this working group

Meeting details:

Please Stay up to date by sending an email to product-control-comm...@finos.org.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Agarwalla

EMEA Equity Derivatives Product Control

Goldman Sachs Services Pvt. Ltd
Wing A - 150 ORR | Helios Business Park

Kadubeesanahalli | Bangalore 560103 | India
Tel (IN): +1-212-934-5957

Mar 3, 2021, 9:03:38 AM3/3/21
to comm...@finos.org, product-control...@finos.org, Aitana Myohl, Thomas, Richard M, Acland, Ffion

Hi FINOS Community,

Thanks a lot for attending the Product Control Common Template kick off meeting II on Monday. Please find below and attached the minutes of the meeting:

# Minutes of the meeting:

·         Approval/questions on past meeting minutes. Remaining participants to review the circulated meeting minutes and raise questions, if any.

·         Product Coverage re-emphasized with vendors with broader long term industry benefits on standardization.

·         Discussion on sharing across the attributes on the current vanilla option template from various vendors in the working group to arrive at industry-wide common model to model mappings.

·         Overview of CDM (Common Domain Model) by ISDA - Benefits, Interoperability, Transparency & Accelerated Innovation.

·         Introduction of FINOS Legend Studio by project leads and indication of the working of the model to model mapping using Legend Studio.

·         Discussion on the proposed transition approach using Indicative Model to Model Mapping via Legend Studio

·         Couple of outstanding agenda that needs to be discussed in a later meeting – Governance process & Onboarding of a larger group of banks that currently use these consensus services on the common template working group.

# Decisions Made:

·         Proposal for kick off of a wider Working group to explore feasibility of the proposal and the indicative template model to model mapping idea.

# Action Items:

·         Participating Banks & Vendors to appoint volunteers for the working group to meet every week and create the model for ~ 1 month and then get back to the project maintainers to review the progress.

As a Follow up from the meeting, can we request you to please:

(1) Get a GitHub account at github.com/join for all members/volunteers,

(2) "watch" the FO repository in GitHub,

(3) Request a legend account at finos.org/legend for all members/volunteers, and

(4) Send across names, email id and GitHub id of volunteers for the working group by Friday, so that we can reach out to them ahead of the meeting next week.

(5) Can the untracked attendees please register their attendance through GH issues in this comment as tracking attendees is mandated by FINOS governance.

Please stay up to date by sending an email to product-control-comm...@finos.org. We will be using this mailing distribution list henceforth for the working group communications.

Please feel free to reach out to us in case of any queries.