Goldman Sachs contributes Legend (formerly known as Alloy) into FINOS

De Belen, Pierre

Oct 19, 2020, 2:22:01 PM10/19/20
to anno...@finos.org

Dear FINOS Community,

I am pleased to announce that Legend (previously known as "Alloy") has been successfully contributed to FINOS and is now available as a FINOS hosted project through GitHub.

We announced our intention to open source Legend last November, and today completed the contribution of five Legend platform components - Legend Studio, Legend Engine, Legend SDLC, Legend Shared, and the Legend-PURE language itself. You can access the press release here.

Legend provides both engineers and non-engineers a single platform to develop data-centric applications and derive data-driven insights. Legend allows us to serve our clients better, automate some of the most difficult data governance challenges, as well as provide self-service tools to democratize data and analytics. We anticipate that a broad adoption of Legend will bring real, tangible value for our clients as well as greater standardization and efficiency across the entire financial services ecosystem.

We plan to release additional functionality to Legend Studio at the beginning of next year and more Legend components towards the end of next year.

To learn more about the project visit the documentation site at legend.finos.org. You can contact the project team via the GitHub issues page, reach out to the leg...@finos.org mailing list or reach out to me directly. To request an account on the hosted instance of Legend, go to finos.org/legend. Your feedback, issues, and contributions are more than welcome.

Warm regards,

Pierre de Belen

Your Personal Data: We may collect and process information about you that may be subject to data protection laws. For more information about how we use and disclose your personal data, how we protect your information, our legal basis to use your information, your rights and who you can contact, please refer to: www.gs.com/privacy-notices

Gabriele Columbro

Oct 19, 2020, 2:32:17 PM10/19/20
to De Belen, Pierre, anno...@finos.org, Board of Directors (Private)
Pierre and the GS team,

this is a major contribution and I know how much work has gone into getting this through the finish line - so on behalf of the team and the Community, thank you for getting this through the finish line and we look forward to growing this project under the FINOS auspices.

Not only we are super excited to see such a valuable multi-faceted project now open source for the industry to adopt and contribute to, but, as we hosted Legend for so many institutions to collaborate on during the pilot phase, we have seen so much potential FINOS projects - and candidly the industry at large - to leverage this platform to directly collaborate on pan-industry models in an efficient way.

Kudos and congratulations, another huge milestone accelerating open source in financial services. We're very proud of hosting the forum where this is all happening...I am sure everyone in the Community does as well. On this note, find below some additional resources for you to engage with - we'd really appreciate the Community helping to amplify the announcement.

Thanks to everyone involved!

Gab

Legend Goldman Sachs contribution to FINOS
--
Gabriele Columbro | Executive Director | FINOS

FINOS joined the Linux Foundation to accelerate even further the growth open source in financial services.. Get involved today and become a FINOS Member to contribute building  a true open financial stack and ecosystem.