NEW: EPAM contribution to FINOS - data semantic layer GLUE addresses inter-operation between internal and external parts of the buy-side

John Burton

Sep 11, 2020, 10:57:54 AM9/11/20
to anno...@finos.org, Panos Archondakis, Yasen Fingarov, Vladimir Natchev, Patrick Stephens, heiko.su...@edgefs.ch

Dear FINOS Community colleagues,

In May EPAM announced its intention to contribute GLUE into FINOS and open a new opportunity to engage with the Buy Side. I am pleased to confirm that this week we delivered on that promise and have now made the contribution.

For those reading this for the first time I’d just like to explain what GLUE is and the business problem we are aiming to address. GLUE facilitates inter-operation between internal and external parts of the buy-side ecosystem by establishing a common entity model supporting consistent data translation across all consumers.

Delving a little more deeply GLUE is a unified entity and data model serving as a common semantic layer to all components. EPAM GLUE provides the flexibility to model hierarchical data structures as well as the complex legal entity structure that buy-side firms are facing. Concurrently it addresses the problems of data-security, auditability and privacy which minimises integration costs and implementation risks.

Back in May a good overview of GLUE and its background was posted on FINOS community blog which I link to here. https://www.finos.org/blog/epam-contributing-epam-glue-open-source-project

My colleagues in Team EPAM that have been working on this are committed to further evolving and developing GLUE and we are keen to invite anyone else in the community to get involved. We have been very grateful for all the support we have received from FINOS and are excited about the project and working with the community. Please just email me om john_...@epam.com for more information or to discuss any questions.

JOHN BURTON

Director, Marketing - Financial Services

Office: +44 (207) 377 2864   Cell: +44 (0)780 3201197   Email: john_...@epam.com

2 Finsbury Ave, London EC2M 2PG UK (GMT)   epam.com

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

James McLeod

Sep 11, 2020, 11:16:06 AM9/11/20
to John Burton, anno...@finos.org, Panos Archondakis, Yasen Fingarov, Vladimir Natchev, Patrick Stephens, heiko.su...@edgefs.ch
Hi John and the EPAM team,

Congratulations on the successful open source contribution of Glue into FINOS, it's been a real pleasure working with you all as you readied Glue for EPAM's fintech open source journey.

I remember Glue being socialized during your FINOS virtual meetup earlier this year and now the project is contributed!

For those who'd like to find and engage with Glue, you can find the project and team in the FINOS organisation on GitHub - https://github.com/finos/glue

Thanks once again for your amazing hard work and I'm really looking forward to your success as a FINOS project team.

Kind regards,

James.

Gabriele Columbro

Sep 15, 2020, 1:54:37 PM9/15/20
to James McLeod, John Burton, anno...@finos.org, Panos Archondakis, Yasen Fingarov, Vladimir Natchev, Patrick Stephens, heiko.su...@edgefs.ch
I wanted to echo James' words and welcome EPAM to the ever growing group of active contributors to FINOS!

I'd love to see more of these standardization efforts which can deliver value across the industry, from buy side to sell side.

Congrats and a heartfelt thank you to Yasen and the whole project team!

Gab

--
Gabriele Columbro | Executive Director | FINOS

FINOS joined the Linux Foundation to accelerate even further the growth open source in financial services.. Get involved today and become a FINOS Member to contribute building  a true open financial stack and ecosystem.