FIDO BLE Authenticator

Dr. Sanjay Ahuja

Jun 5, 2024, 10:18:49 PMJun 5
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
We are referring Solokeys open source implementation which is available for FIDO2 over USB HID and trying to implement a BLE authenticator. The only information we could find on fidoalliance was BLE specification https://fidoalliance.org/specs/u2f-specs-master/fido-u2f-bt-protocol.html which doesn't seem to be enough to implement a BLE authenticator.

Is there any other information that we can refer to get details of message flow between client and authenticator CTAP library?

Dr. Sanjay Ahuja

Jun 5, 2024, 10:18:54 PMJun 5
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
We are referring open source implementation from Solokey project which has FIDO2 authenticator over USB HID and trying to implement a BLE authenticator. The BLE specifications mentioned on https://fidoalliance.org/specs/u2f-specs-master/fido-u2f-bt-protocol.html seems to be brief and doesn't have details of message flow.

Apart from the above, is there any other information available to implement the BLE authenticator with a message flow between client and the authenticator?

Tim Cappalli

Jun 5, 2024, 10:24:56 PMJun 5
to Dr. Sanjay Ahuja, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Just FYI. Client support for FIDO2 BLE transport is very poor. You may want to explore other transports.

tim