Which extensions (if any) are supported by platform authenticators?

certainlyNotHeisenberg

Oct 8, 2021, 7:53:16 PM10/8/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
I've struggled to find good information on which WebAuthn extensions (if any) are supported by platform authenticators. Does anyone know where this information might be? Or how to test this?

I'd imagine it depends on how each browser implements the spec. My sense has been the extensions only really apply to roaming authenticators, but I can't find anything concrete either way. I'd really appreciate any help!

(Also posted on the WebAuthn GitHub Issues page.)

Shane Weeden

Oct 8, 2021, 7:58:48 PM10/8/21
to Liam McCarty, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Testing it is fairly straight forward. Use a test RP and include client extension input in registration and assertion ceremonies. I don’t think there is any published doc outlining support. The landscape is still moving quite a lot, even at the WebAuthn spec level. I did hear that the Android platform authenticator may support uvm extension but haven’t tried it recently. Another that seems to be reasonably well supported is credProtect and in Chrome I’ve seen credProps supported.

Sent from my iPhone