Process for gaining access to the Fido2PrivilegedApiClient

Garrison Henkle

Aug 24, 2023, 11:01:13 AM8/24/23
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hello,

I'm working on an Android browser project, and I'm currently unable to provide my users with access to passkeys and other forms of FIDO2 authentication without the Fido2PrivlegedApiClient. Is there a list of requirements or an established process to be added to the privileged client's allowlist?

For context, the browser app that I am working on is forked from Firefox, so the FIDO2 logic is already setup. Without access to the privileged client, though, the logic seems to default to the non-privileged client (which is essentially the same as not having any FIDO2 access in my use-case).

Regards,
Garrison

Anders Rundgren

Aug 24, 2023, 11:08:55 AM8/24/23
to Garrison Henkle, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Right, is the why the FIDO standard fails at payments.

It works on Windows but since there is no PaymentRquest in Windows it fails for other reasons.

related: https://fido-web-pay.github.io

Regards,
Anders

> Regards,
> Garrison

Adam Langley

Aug 25, 2023, 9:23:01 AM8/25/23
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), Garrison Henkle
On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 8:01:13 AM UTC-7 Garrison Henkle wrote:
I'm working on an Android browser project, and I'm currently unable to provide my users with access to passkeys and other forms of FIDO2 authentication without the Fido2PrivlegedApiClient. Is there a list of requirements or an established process to be added to the privileged client's allowlist?

For context, the browser app that I am working on is forked from Firefox, so the FIDO2 logic is already setup. Without access to the privileged client, though, the logic seems to default to the non-privileged client (which is essentially the same as not having any FIDO2 access in my use-case).

Please email me, agl at google.com, with more details including contact addresses, package name(s), and signing certificate hash(es).

Cheers

AGL