May-June MDS3 updates

Yuriy Ackermann

Jun 14, 2021, 5:48:42 PM6/14/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hey there!

Recently we've released new conformance tools that added support for MDS3 tests. This build includes updates to the conformance test, with added Apple Anonymous attestation mandatory support. We've updated test metadata to be MDS3 schema, please don't forget to download it by pressing "DOWNLOAD" in the tools, when you test. We have also added MDS3 tests, and you can find the test server here: http://mds3.certinfra.fidoalliance.org/.

If you are an existing MDS2 supporting certified server that wishes to add MDS3 and Apple Anonymous Attestation support, you are free to do so without any fees or certification penalties, so long as you have passed the tests and submitted the results. If you have any questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.

And to reiterate MDS3 changes:

- MDS2 new PKI Root is https://valid.r3.roots.globalsign.com/, same for MDS3.
- MDS2 will be deprecated in October 2022.
- MDS3 documentation is available on our website https://fidoalliance.org/metadata/

If you have any questions about MDS3, MDS2, have issues with transitioning to PKI, or have problems with access tokens for legacy MDS2, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards.
Yuriy Ackermann
Certification Technical Manager

Jafer Raza

Jun 21, 2021, 7:41:18 AM6/21/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), Yuriy Ackermann
Hello All,

I registered to join the June 21-25 event, however, I am not sure how to join the online sessions.

Would someone please post the instructions.

thanks
MJR2020