Re: [FIDO-DEV] Digest for fido-dev@fidoalliance.org - 2 updates in 1 topic

Adan Nura

Jul 28, 2021, 1:08:50 AMJul 28
to 'Christiaan Brand' via FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Who are you to reach that decision lmfao 😂, you better work for the company. You don't own nothing in this organization 🤪, better know who you talk to.

I hope you are safe.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, 5:58 PM <fido...@fidoalliance.org> wrote:
John Smythe <johnsm...@gmail.com>: Jul 27 03:17AM -0700

Hi

If I build an Web Based SDK (e.g. javascript bundle) which calls the
dependent APIs e.g. Web Auth but with limited scope of supporting only
Platform Auths found in OS (Touch, Face etc.) -- do I require FIDO
Certification for the client-side authenticator element?

Or is the FIDO certification inherited through (presumably) the FIDO
compliance the native platform authenticators go through by virtue of
Apple, Google etc development?

Thanks!
Shane Weeden <shane....@gmail.com>: Jul 27 08:39PM +1000

You don’t *need* FIDO certification for anything. What are you trying to certify?

Second, platforms (including browsers and platform authenticators) aren’t certified at all so that definitely doesn’t apply.

Regards,
Shane

Sent from my iPhone