MDS3 package for FIDO 2 Server interop testing

Monty Wiseman

Nov 10, 2022, 11:18:21 AM11/10/22
to fido...@fidoalliance.org

For FIDO 2 server interop test requires a specific MDS3 (not MDS2) package. Where do we get it?

Monty Wiseman

Security Architect, Beyond Identity

www.beyondidentity.com

Dan

Nov 10, 2022, 6:38:02 PM11/10/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), monty....@beyondidentity.com
Yes, that's correct. You'll need to create it for your device. FIDO Alliance may be willing to help with translating MDS2 to MDS3, but it's pretty straightforward using the two specs side by side. I used the following links to compare and convert

MDS2

Monty Wiseman

Nov 10, 2022, 6:55:12 PM11/10/22
to Dan, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)

Dan,

This is for server interop, not the device/Authenticator. Our server team informs me that there is a specific MDS3 package the FIDO interop test is requiring which the test uses to validate interoperability. If we generate our own, it will not match what the interop test is requiring and likely not match what others are using if they also generate their own. Alternately are you saying we should take the MDS2 package that is provided and convert it to MDS3 ourselves? Seems that might lead to indeterminate and possibly inconsistent test results. Can someone create an “official” one for all to use?

Monty

Daniel Bujak

Nov 10, 2022, 8:07:54 PM11/10/22
to Monty Wiseman, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Apologies, I misunderstood. I was indeed talking about the authenticator rather than server side. Maybe try reaching out to Fidos certification team if no one here can help. They are usually pretty quick about getting back

Ackermann Yuriy

Nov 11, 2022, 9:10:09 AM11/11/22
to Daniel Bujak, Monty Wiseman, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
You will get interop metadata prior to the introp.

For conformance testing see giant "DOWNLOAD METADATA" button in the test tools.
Yuriy Ackermann
FIDO, Identity, Standards
skype: ackermann.yuriy
github: @herrjemand