CTAP2 API from Browser

J B

Nov 16, 2022, 7:55:34 PM11/16/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hi all, I'm trying to better understand how CTAP2 commands are issued from a web browser like Chrome to a FIDO2 authenticator. I see WebAuthn API being referenced a lot in server implementations but this seems to abstract the CTAP2 commands one level higher than I want.

For example, let's say I wanted to build a WebApp to test FIDO2 devices by issuing arbitrary CTAP2 commands. Or if I wanted a tool to just reset an existing device using the authenticatorReset command. Would this be possible?

John Bradley

Nov 16, 2022, 8:31:37 PM11/16/22
to J B, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Try https://github.com/Yubico/libfido2

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 16, 2022, at 4:55 PM, J B <spi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all, I'm trying to better understand how CTAP2 commands are issued from a web browser like Chrome to a FIDO2 authenticator. I see WebAuthn API being referenced a lot in server implementations but this seems to abstract the CTAP2 commands one level higher than I want.

For example, let's say I wanted to build a WebApp to test FIDO2 devices by issuing arbitrary CTAP2 commands. Or if I wanted a tool to just reset an existing device using the authenticatorReset command. Would this be possible?

J B

Nov 16, 2022, 8:45:22 PM11/16/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), John Bradley, FIDO Dev (fido-dev), J B
This looks like it's a c library for FIDO2. How would one make calls to this from a web browser?

John Bradley

Nov 16, 2022, 11:38:31 PM11/16/22
to "Fan DANG (党凡)", J B, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
It has a commandline tool.  Use that, there is also a python version.    You can’t do what you want from a browser without significant work rewriting the browser.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 16, 2022, at 5:57 PM, Fan DANG (党凡) <i...@dang.fan> wrote:

Unfortunately, no.

Mayra Morales Silva

Nov 16, 2022, 11:59:54 PM11/16/22
to John Bradley, "Fan DANG (党凡)", J B, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Por favor,PLEASE, hablame en ESPAÑOL.EN ESPAÑOL EN ESPAÑOL...NO INGLÉS