MDS2 Changes and Deprecation Announcement

Yuriy Ackermann

May 3, 2021, 2:34:54 AM5/3/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Dear members.

First I would like to announce changes to PKI. As of April 19th, we moved MDS2 to new infrastructure, and have changed our PKI provider to GlobalSign. New Root certificate is GS-R3 and can be found here: https://valid.r3.roots.globalsign.com/

Second I would like to announce that as of May 2021 MDS2 is now officially deprecated. This means:
 - 1. No new metadata will be published with legacy MDS2. Only minor updates to the existing metadata.
 - 2. legacy MDS2 will be shut down in 18 months, or in October 2022.
 - 3. We are working to announce MDS3 in the coming weeks, together with guide on migration. Stay tuned.

We apologies if we missed you in original announcement. Further along we will be publish copies of our MDS3 announcements here.

Regards.
Yuriy

Paul Van Staden

Jun 10, 2021, 9:24:51 AM6/10/21