Building FIDO Server

fatima kabouri

Aug 17, 2022, 4:58:40 AM8/17/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hi everyone

I need to know how can we develop a fido server, its architecture but i can't find some helpful documentation about it.

Can you give me a hand with this ? Some documentation about fido server.

Ackermann Yuriy

Aug 17, 2022, 5:08:33 AM8/17/22
to fatima kabouri, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hey Fatima

We have community resources, including open source servers: https://github.com/herrjemand/awesome-webauthn

As well as easy to start guide https://webauthn.guide/

Let me know if there are any questions you have.

Thanks.
Yuriy

Yuriy Ackermann
FIDO, Identity, Standards
skype: ackermann.yuriy
github: @herrjemand
twitter: @herrjemand
medium: @herrjemand

Arshad Noor

Aug 17, 2022, 9:10:31 AM8/17/22
to fatima kabouri, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
You are certainly welcome to create your own FIDO Server, Fatima. But,
when one of the most capable, FIDO Certified servers is free and
open-source (https://github.com/strongkey/fido2), why would you? :-)

- Built-in replication for high-availability
- Security policies (Demo at https://demo.strongkey.com/fidopolicy/)
- Built-in SSO with JWT responses
- Integration with PKI (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pki2fido/)
- Android Key Attestation for native Android apps
- Transaction confirmation support for digitally signed transactions
- Protection from side-channel attacks on FIDO credential database
- Integrated with FIPS certified cryptographic hardware modules
(this feature, unfortunately, is not free currently)
- Backed by a company with 21 years of strong-authentication experience

While we are certainly encouraged that people around the world are
interested in building FIDO products, given that there are already
dozens of FIDO Certified Authenticators and Servers
(https://fidoalliance.org/certification/fido-certified-products/), the
millions of web/mobile applications using ancient authentication
technology (passwords/OTP/secrets) are the real problem.

Instead, it would seem to me that innovators might want to figure out
how to get those legacy applications to FIDO as quickly as possible.
When even trillion-dollar companies are not impervious to compromises
due to passwords on their websites, IMO software developers should be
focused on leaving that history in the dust-bin by FIDO-enabling all
their web/mobile applications.

(NOTE: Apologies for the rant, but it is not directed at you - just at
the companies that are still rolling out brand new applications - or
maintaining old applications - with passwords on them).

Hope this helps.

Arshad Noor
StrongKey

P.S. The StrongKey FIDO Server is documented at https://docs.strongkey.com

Daniel aziz

Aug 17, 2022, 9:20:50 AM8/17/22
to Arshad Noor, fatima kabouri, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
😑 asal kau ni eh  . kat mana² ada nama kau 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/fidoalliance.org/d/msgid/fido-dev/bf2f92ca-9555-7e1a-af5d-94d09cc162c1%40strongkey.com.

fatima kabouri

Sep 6, 2022, 9:21:50 AM9/6/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), fatima kabouri, FIDO Dev (fido-dev), Arshad Noor

Thank you very much.