windows hello pin overrides my google passkey

sandeep kumar

Nov 7, 2023, 9:51:35 PM11/7/23
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hello,

I am using an external USB fido2 security key. When I register it as a passkey and no other passkeys are registered, I can use it to login to my google account.
But if I create another passkey using windows hello pin, I do not get any option to select my external USB device as passkey on the login page.

Also if I am using a Fetian USB FIDO security key and create a passkey with it along with my USB device. I can login only using Fetian key.

There is another observation. When I registered my device as passkey, there was an option that appeared in google account -> settings -> passkey page as "Try Passkey". I can successfully verify my passkey there, even when added along with a win hello pin as a passkey.

However if I register on Fetian device as a passkey, I do not get the option of "Try Passkey"

 Did anybody observe a similar issue?

Thanks,
Sandeep

sandeep kumar