FIDO Registry of Predefined Values missing ALG_COSE_INFO for three algorithms

Matthew Miller

Aug 6, 2022, 1:59:18 PM8/6/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
I've been referencing the FIDO Registry of Predefined Values for COSE info to map a metadata statement's `authenticationAlgorithms` to possible public key parameters.

While most all of the possible values include ALG_COSE_INFO definitions specifying exact values for kty, alg, and crv (where appropriate), the following three algorithms are missing such info from their entries in both v2.1 and v2.2 of the registry:
  1. rsa_emsa_pkcs1_sha256_raw
  2. rsa_emsa_pkcs1_sha256_der
  3. sm2_sm3_raw
Based on a real TPM response I received recently that included rsa_emsa_pkcs1_sha256_raw in its list of algorithms, I believe it (and rsa_emsa_pkcs1_sha256_der) can be satisfied with ALG_KEY_COSE(kty: 3, alg: -257). Can someone confirm that this is correct?

I have yet to see sm2_sm3_raw in the wild, though; I'm not sure what it should be based on just a reading of the registry.

Thank you for any insights on this,
-Matthew Miller

Ackermann Yuriy

Aug 6, 2022, 2:35:29 PM8/6/22
to Matthew Miller, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
This would require registration at the IANA COSE registry.

Yuriy Ackermann
FIDO, Identity, Standards
skype: ackermann.yuriy
github: @herrjemand