Native To WebAuthn Bridging

DiegoJ

Apr 26, 2022, 9:27:14 PM4/26/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hello,

I'm looking to build a passwordless native experience on mobile (both iOS and Android).

On Android, am I right in saying the FIDO2API permits native to WebAuthn bridging ie I dont have to build the experience in WebView ?
Is there something similar for iOS or would I need to build the experIence in SafariVieWController ?
Are there open source kits for iOS that do native to webauthn bridging ?

Also, in terms of the multi-device credential feature outlined recently (https://media.fidoalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/How-FIDO-Addresses-a-Full-Range-of-Use-Cases-March24.pdf) - I understand is part of the level 3 Webauthn spec.
What stage is this spec at and roughly how long would it take for the feature to be supported by the major browsers ?

Thanks, D

Arshad Noor

Apr 26, 2022, 9:41:32 PM4/26/22
to DiegoJ, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
For the first 3 questions you've asked, you'll find some answers here,
Diego.

Dist: https://github.com/strongkey/fido2
Docs: https://docs.strongkey.com/

Arshad Noor
StrongKey
> --
> https://groups.google.com/a/fidoalliance.org/d/msgid/fido-dev/31475067-9186-4a9b-ad5f-3995d64fade6n%40fidoalliance.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/fidoalliance.org/d/msgid/fido-dev/31475067-9186-4a9b-ad5f-3995d64fade6n%40fidoalliance.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Tim Cappalli

Apr 26, 2022, 9:43:28 PM4/26/22
to DiegoJ, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hi,

Here are the developer docs for FIDO2 on Apple platforms.

Regarding L3 features, only platforms can answer that question. Given we're coming up on OS developer conference season, you'll likely have a better idea over the next month or two.

Tim

Tim Cappalli | m: +1 (617) 701-7149  @timcappalli

May 3, 2022, 3:25:49 AM5/3/22
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), Arshad Noor, DiegoJ
Thanks Arshad. Is your iOS Demo code no longer available - https://github.com/StrongKey/fido2/tree/master/sampleapps/iOS/StrongKeyFIDODemo ? The link seems broken.

Keen to see how you used the ASAuthorization API.

Arshad Noor

May 3, 2022, 8:52:48 AM5/3/22
to DiegoJ, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Sorry; there was some reorganizing of the distribution to organize it by
programming language. You should find the iOS code here:

https://github.com/StrongKey/fido2/tree/master/sampleapps/swift/StrongKeyFIDODemo

Arshad