Questions about CTAP1/U2F Compatibility

Kile

Sep 12, 2021, 2:59:17 AMSep 12
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Dear! I have questions on CTAPHID_MSG command of CTAP2 Spec.
the format says the first offset of DATA is U2F command byte and U2F status code for request and response respectively. but the CTAP1 HID Spec says the DATA is APDU frame
without U2F command byte and U2F status code. it seems the message formats are incompatible, then how CTAP2 support CTAP1/U2F USB device ?
and what is U2F status code ? if it is a APDU status word, the status word should be 2 bytes.  then how 1 byte U2F status code accomodates 2 bytes status word ?
the CTAP2 Spec doesn't describe  andy details about this. it is somewhat confusing for me.
Could sombody explain these questions ?
Thank you in advance.
Kile