show current Passkey option on list of passkey list

Sabarinathan Eaganathan

May 25, 2023, 3:40:16 AM5/25/23
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)

Hi team, We have provided passkey configuration options on both our mobile app and our website.

Can we differentiate and display whether the current device has a passkey in the passkey management panel, similar to how we show the current session in the session management panel?

Thank you in advance, Sabarinathan.e

Shane Weeden

May 25, 2023, 3:45:35 AM5/25/23
to Sabarinathan Eaganathan, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Aside from dropping a cookie or some other flaky device fingerprinting to try remember it, you can only use the autofill UI. There is no passkey discovery capability for RPs.

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 May 2023, at 8:40 am, Sabarinathan Eaganathan <mail2sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi team, We have provided passkey configuration options on both our mobile app and our website.

Can we differentiate and display whether the current device has a passkey in the passkey management panel, similar to how we show the current session in the session management panel?

Thank you in advance, Sabarinathan.e

My1

May 25, 2023, 3:52:11 AM5/25/23
to Shane Weeden, Sabarinathan Eaganathan, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
showing which passkey was used for the current session is easy, just add an extra column in your session table where you can enter an id or whatever of the passkey for the session, obviously it doesnt show if it's a passkey *from* that device itself, and as shane said, that's likely near-impossible in the way WebAuthn is designed.