Any recommendations on how to revoke Android FIDO Passkeys?

Joseph Spurrier

Mar 6, 2024, 2:33:46 PMMar 6
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
We've been working on documentation to improve FIDO passkey handling for engineers during development. We're looking for recommendations on how to remove/revoke Passkeys on Android. We did find Passkey management settings at Settings -> General management -> Password, passkeys, and autofill. The problem is that not all passkeys show up there. Any suggestions on how to revoke the keys? Thanks!

Adam Langley

Mar 8, 2024, 7:47:50 PMMar 8
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), Joseph Spurrier
On Wednesday, March 6, 2024 at 11:33:46 AM UTC-8 Joseph Spurrier wrote:
We've been working on documentation to improve FIDO passkey handling for engineers during development. We're looking for recommendations on how to remove/revoke Passkeys on Android. We did find Passkey management settings at Settings -> General management -> Password, passkeys, and autofill. The problem is that not all passkeys show up there. Any suggestions on how to revoke the keys? Thanks!

Android settings varies between Android versions and Android vendors, so it's tough to give instructions I'm afraid! I'm not sure if what you've found under "General management" (which doesn't appear in stock Android) is correct, but you want to find Google Password Manager on Android. For me, that's Settings -> Passwords & Accounts and then the gear icon next to "Google". From there you can manage all passkeys in the account.

All discoverable credentials will appear there. Non-discoverable credentials don't have a management UI, although you can clear them all by removing and then re-adding the screen lock on the phone.

Cheers

AGL