WebAuthn Usability Study with Web Developers [Help us make your life better]

Aftab Alam

Jan 17, 2020, 5:18:11 PM1/17/20
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Dear members,

My name is Aftab Alam. I am a master’s student at Saarland University, Germany. The purpose of this post is to invite you to participate in an exploratory research study that is part of my master’s thesis. I am investigating how FIDO2/WebAuthn can be made more usable and accessible to web developers who have to deal with this technology.

I believe that “Your voice should be heard”. A crucial step in my work is to get feedback from developers like you who have experience with FIDO2/WebAuthn technology. The goal of my research is to understand and identify critical pain-points that developers face during FIDO/WebAuthn integration into web services. We would greatly appreciate if you will be available for the one-to-one interview which will be conducted remotely via Zoom and will last approximately for an hour. So, help us make your life better and as a token of appreciation for your participation, we would like to offer you a 25 Euro Amazon voucher.

For participation, please visit this link and complete a short questionnaire. We will contact you as soon as possible and inform you about the availability of the slot.

For more information on the study, please visit this link

Once again, Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

P.S If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this post, please contact me at Aftab Alam (E-mail:s8af...@stud.uni-saarland.de)

Best Regards,
Aftab Alam

Karthik Tamarapalli

Jan 19, 2020, 7:50:45 PM1/19/20
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hi Aftab,

This is Karthik from Concordia University of Edmonton, Canada. I am working on the similar research topic as you were and I do possess a background of web development.

I hope we might have some useful resources to share such that we can collaborate.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.
Karthik Tamarapalli
P.S If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this post, please contact me at Aftab Alam (E-mail:...@stud.uni-saarland.de)

Best Regards,
Aftab Alam

Aftab Alam

Jan 20, 2020, 5:06:46 AM1/20/20
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hi Kartik,

Thank you for your interest. Sure I will get in touch with you via email. Currently, I am travelling sorry for the late reply. But I will get in touch with you as soon as possible and discuss how we can proceed.

Best Regard,
Aftab