Yubikey Registered with Web application can directly be authenticated in Android Native Application?

Yogesh Joshi

Jun 8, 2021, 8:48:09 AM6/8/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Yubikey Registered with Web application can directly be authenticated in Android Native Application?

Here in mobile we will not register Yubikey we will use same server to get Respective Raw ID from server so that Android Device can initiate authentication but will this work?

Thanks
Yogesh

John Bradley

Jun 8, 2021, 6:22:41 PM6/8/21
to Yogesh Joshi, FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Yes but just with a U2F credential as second factor.  Android don't support CTAP2 external authenticators only U2F.

Yogesh Joshi

Jun 9, 2021, 12:55:13 AM6/9/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), John Bradley, FIDO Dev (fido-dev), Yogesh Joshi
Hi John,

Thank you for the information. Do we have these things documented somewhere so that can check all capabilities?

Thanks
Yogesh

Prathap B

Jun 29, 2021, 12:07:42 PM6/29/21
to Yogesh Joshi, FIDO Dev (fido-dev), John Bradley
Yes, you can use. You will get web response to android native by deep link, redirect uri.