biometric in FIDO2 enabled devices

fido test

Nov 30, 2021, 1:59:27 AM11/30/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
I am trying to use the biometric portion of a fido2 enabled device but currently i am not able to figure-out which function to trigger in fido.c to use biometric(fingerprint) for registration and authentication.

2) what will be the sequence of calls.

-thanks

ahmed fahmy

Dec 21, 2021, 1:30:47 PM12/21/21
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), test...@gmail.com
what is the implementation structure of "fido.c" so I can help you If you still need help) ?

Philipp Junghannß

Dec 21, 2021, 1:44:57 PM12/21/21
to ahmed fahmy, FIDO Dev (fido-dev), test...@gmail.com
well aside from CTAP2.1 devices the biometric part is entireöy abstracted. and even in CTAP2.1 you can only do management of the biometric templates (as in the fingerprints stored), which basically mean you can create and remove fingerprints, thats essentially it.

when you then do a register or authenticate step, you can just put on your finger rather than entering the PIN, and that's basically it, you dont really get a lot of control in bio authentication.