June 17 meeting, Field Day update

Lawrence Gray

Jun 18, 2021, 11:12:15 AM6/18/21
to FA...@falara.org
I was also going to go over Field Day arrangements at the June 17 meeting.  Based on the discussions at the recent board of director's meeting, the 2021 Field Day arrangements are as follows:

Stations:
A SSB station using the club K3.  Henry, K1WCC, has volunteered to captain this station.  Anyone interested in operating during Field Day should contact Henry at K1...@comcast.net.

A GOTA (Get on the Air) station for the public, or newly licensed amateurs, to use to get on the air.  No one has volunteered to captain the station.  It will use the IC-746 that is part of the trailer equipment.  If you can help with this station, please contact me at W1...@McPhersonDigital.com.

Towers/Antennas:
SSB Station - One of the large military towers with a TH5 beam and a 40M dipole
GOTA Station - The smaller military tower that is part of the trailer equipment, a TH3 beam, and dipole.

Most of the tower, antenna and related equipment is in the storage container at the fairgrounds and will need to be moved to the Morse Pond School location.

Information Table - I have a 10 x 10 canopy and will set up the information table under this canopy.  It has a shade wall with pockets for literature.  I also have the banners and will bring them.  I may also set up a remote connection to my home station with a large monitor.

Tent - The Sheriff's dept. no longer puts up tents.  We could use 1-2 more 10 x 10, or similar sized canopies, to provide some shade.  If you have a 10 x 10 canopy that we can use, please contact me at W1...@McPhersonDigital.com.

Setup - People who are available to help setup should meet at the storage container at the fairgrounds at 10am.  We will load up the various items needed and then go to the Morse Pond School.  Dress appropriately, use sunscreen, and bring water with you.

We will set up on the right side (looking at the school from the road) of the front field near the school.  This will keep us away from the playground area.  The antenna towers will also be more compactly located than usual to minimize our footprint.

Power - Jim Leavitt, KC1KM, will provide the generators and grill.  Jim will also provide Sunday breakfast.

Cookout - The club will provide beverages, chips, hamburgers/hotdogs, and related condimentsRalph, N1YHS, will provide ice.  Gene, KX1C, has generously volunteered to act as grillmaster.

Toilet - A portable toilet is scheduled for delivery to the site on Thursday

If you are attending Field Day, bring a chair.

If you have any questions, contact me via email.

Larry, W1IZZ