Field Day information

1 view

Lawrence Gray

Jun 10, 2021, 2:46:01 PM6/10/21
to FA...@falara.org
Field Day 2021 will be a smaller operation than in previous years.  We will be using FARA's new communication trailer, operating from the Morse Pond School, located on Jones Road in Falmouth.

Setup begins at 10AM on Friday, June 25.  Operation begins at 1400 on Saturday, June 26 and runs through 1400 on Sunday, June 27.  Teardown begins after 1400 on Sunday.

We will have beverages, chips, hamburgers and hot dogs available for the Saturday afternoon/early evening cookout.  Jim Leavitt, KC1KM will once again provide breakfast on Sunday morning, as well as providing the generators for the event.

We will be operating two stations, an SSB station and a GOTA (Get On The Air) station for the public.  Henry, K1WCC, will be the captain of the SSB station.  The GOTA station needs a volunteer to be the station captain.  If you are interested in being the GOTA station captain, please contact me.

If you are interested in operating the SSB station during Field Day, please contact Henry, k1...@comcast.net

We will be putting up just two towers, the normal GOTA tower and one of the larger military towers.  We need two volunteers with pickups to move the equipment from the storage container at the fairgrounds to the Morse Pond School.  A truck with racks would be perfect for moving the two partially assembled beams.  Please contact me if you can have a pickup available for Friday setup and Sunday teardown.

If you plan to attend Field Day, please bring a chair.

If you have questions about the 2021 Field Day, please contact me.

Larry, W1IZZ
W1...@McPhersonDigital.com