Fwd: 2023 Titanic 111th Anniversary event.

Charles Bresnahan

Mar 29, 2023, 11:40:29 AM3/29/23
to FARA

Good day to all,
     I hope & pray that all are well. Well many restrictions caused of Covid have been lifted. I'm trying to put a Special Event Station together for Apr. 12, 13, & 14th at the National Seashore Visitors Center in Eastham. I have calls in and have filled out an application. We will be restricted in the hours that we can operate and I'm planning on operating on the 12, 13, & 14th from
 9 am until 4 pm EDT. Going into the 15th early hours when she sank ; those of us close enough can finish up the event at home, then send me the logging files.
    Planning on setting up on the afternoon of the 11th, around 3 pm and could use some help. I will use an off center dipole 80-10 m and my R5 which covers 10, 12, 15, 17 & 20 m. For radios we will be using 2 stations both Icom 7300s with power supplies, turners, linked computers, foot switches (or hand pushbuttons) & headsets, we will also have additional heats available for extra loggers if necessary. This was originally a CW operation so I am especially looking for CW operators, but SSB operators are always welcome. If you are CW operators you will need to supply your own keys or paddles.
    Shifts each day will be 9-12, 12-2, & 2-4. I plan to be there all day each day, I will operate as needed and also be a "tour guide" as it's school vacation week and we will have set up displays relating to the Titanic and the disaster. Take down will be after 4 pm on the 14th.
    Please forward this to any of your clubs so that we may get as many participants as possible. This is only going out to 65 contacts in this email address book and I know there are many others interested in the event.
   I will post something on this club's facebook page as well as FARA's & BARC's.
    I haven't received the final ok or been asked to pay the fee yet, but I've been assured it should be approved.
                                                                                                                   73, Barry / KB1TLR; Trustee / W1MGY

p.s. I will make coffee, water and snacks available for all volunteers.

Charlie/K1CB, Secretary, Falmouth Amateur Radio Association

Lawrence Gray

Mar 29, 2023, 12:08:07 PM3/29/23
to FA...@falara.org
FYI: Titanic Special event operating opportunity: