FIELD DAY PLAN and FINAL REQUEST for VOLUNTEERS

Lawrence Gray

Jun 18, 2022, 8:00:40 AM6/18/22
to FA...@falara.org
To date, there is little interest from members in participating in Field Day.   Due to the limited response from members, we developed two plans for Field Day.

PREFERRED SETUP:
Meet at the storage container located at the Barnstable County Fairground parking lot on Currier Road at 0730 on Saturday, 25 June.  We need at least two members with pickup trucks, preferably at least one with racks.  We will pickup one of the military towers, one beam, the dioples, and the related coax cables.

The material will be transported to the Morse Pond School, where we will assemble the beam, run the coax cables, and erect the tower.

The trailer tower will also be erected for use as a GOTA (Get On The Air) station for the interested public to try making contacts.

The club K3 will be used as the primary Field Day station.

BACKUP SETUP:
If we are unable to get members with trucks to commit to assist in moving items from the storage container, we will use the trailer tower and beam as the primary Field Day antenna, hanging the 80/40 dipole from this tower.

There will be no GOTA station, so this would be a minimalist 1A Field Day operation.

The club K3 would be used as the station transceiver.

FINAL REQUEST FOR FIELD AY VOLUNTEERS:
If you have a pickup truck and are willing to show up at 0730 on Saturday, JUNE 25, please let me know ASAP.  If your truck has racks, please also let me know that information.  IF you can show up to help erect the tower, run coax, and assemble the beam, please let me know ASAP.

FINAL REQUEST for COOKOUT ATTENDEE COUNT:
If you plan on showing up for the Saturday cookout, please let me know ASAP.  Henry needs to know how much food to purchase.  If you are bringing a guest, please include that information.

Based on the responses I receive by Wednesday, June 22, I will send out an email with the final plan for Field Day on Thursday, June 23 in the AM.

My email address is W1...@McPhersonDigital.com.  If you are willing to help with Field Day, send me a specific response by Wednesday, 22 June.

Thanks,
Larry, W1IZZ