Help executing Factorie from the command line

Ander Intxaurrondo

Mar 29, 2016, 8:43:31 AM3/29/16
to Factorie
Hi,

I'm trying to execute the Linear Chain CRF from the command line, but I cannot make it work. According to the Quick Start Guide, I must add "/bin/fac" at the beginning, but there's no such directory in Factorie jar files, so I cannot even run the basic examples.

I need some help to execute any Factorie tool with the command line, like those listed in the User's Guide Introduction page. I would also appreciate if you could explain how does the Linear Chain CRF work for the command line, and what parameters do I need.

Thank you very much.

Emma Strubell

Mar 29, 2016, 10:18:55 AM3/29/16
to Factorie
Hi,

I'm not sure which linear-chain CRF you are trying to run. Factorie provides an API for designing linear-chain CRFs programmatically, and you can run pre-trained linear-chain CRFs for NLP tasks such as named-entity recognition (NER) from the command line.

The examples should work from the top-level directory if you clone the Factorie sources: https://github.com/factorie/factorie and follow installation instructions: http://factorie.cs.umass.edu/usersguide/UsersGuide020Installation.html

Emma

Factorie Discuss group.
To post, email: dis...@factorie.cs.umass.edu

Ander Intxaurrondo

Mar 30, 2016, 3:42:51 AM3/30/16
to dis...@factorie.cs.umass.edu
Hi Emma,

Many thanks for your help. I installed the Factorie sources and works pretty well. I will also use the NER tool to train the linear chain CRF.

All the best,

Ander

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Factorie" group.

Ander Intxaurrondo

Ander Intxaurrondo

Apr 5, 2016, 3:15:45 AM4/5/16
to dis...@factorie.cs.umass.edu
Hi again,

I'm trying to train my dataset in CONLL format, using the linear chain CRF. I want to train it using the command options. I would like to make sure if I'm doing it correctly. I'm using class Chain for this (cc.factorie.app.chain.Chain).

First of all, I added the following line in "bin/fac" to make it executable: chain) CLASS=cc.factorie.app.chain.Chain;;

Later, to execute the classifier, I write this command in the terminal:
bin/fac chain --read-training-sequences train.txt --write-chain-model mymodel.factorie --read-testing-sequences test.txt

I would like to make sure if I'm using the appropriate classes and commands, or if I'm doing it wrongly from the beginning.

Thank you so much for your help.
--
Ander Intxaurrondo