Is Eucalyptus dead ?

FredE Smit

May 29, 2018, 10:17:08 AM5/29/18
to Eucalyptus Users
I pulled the recent Euca source off of git ;  the INSTALL and build directions are horrible ; and references a lot of dead 404 URL links;  I can't find any references to it on HPE or DXC  web sites either .

Has DXC pulled the plug on this dying patience ?

Teemu Jalonen

May 30, 2018, 1:58:40 AM5/30/18
to Eucalyptus Users
The reports of Eucalyptus death are greatly exaggerated. Go to www.eucalyptus.cloud

Ibrahim Khan

May 30, 2018, 2:15:06 AM5/30/18
to Teemu Jalonen, Eucalyptus Users
They are misleading. This is all a mess created by the Cloud service providers whom we have to pay!

IBRAHIM

Sourabh Maybhate

May 30, 2018, 6:29:46 AM5/30/18
to loonk...@gmail.com, euca-...@eucalyptus.com
till date ,git hub was working properly for installing eucalyptus,but from 2 3 days it is not working!!
is any one know the url or index page to get Eucalyptus for centOs 7

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:47 PM FredE Smit <loonk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I pulled the recent Euca source off of git ;  the INSTALL and build directions are horrible ; and references a lot of dead 404 URL links;  I can't find any references to it on HPE or DXC  web sites either .

Has DXC pulled the plug on this dying patience ?

Thanks & Regards,
-Sourabh Maybhate
(9421941881,7798777856)

Metta Crawler

May 30, 2018, 6:44:41 AM5/30/18
to Eucalyptus Users

Is DXC dead? I'd like to think so.

They changed their name again.

DEC -> Compaq -> HP -> HPE -> DXC -> Perspectra

Perspecta Revealed as Brand Name for Combined DXC USPS, Vencore and KeyPoint.

Metta Crawler

May 30, 2018, 6:50:13 AM5/30/18
to Eucalyptus Users

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 6:44:41 AM UTC-4, Metta Crawler wrote:

Is DXC dead? I'd like to think so.

They changed their name again.

DEC -> Compaq -> HP -> HPE -> DXC -> Perspectra

Perspecta Revealed as Brand Name for Combined DXC USPS, Vencore and KeyPoint.

Their whole game plan since time immortal has been: JILT your customers.

jilt
jilt/
verb
  1. 1.
    suddenly reject or abandon (a lover).
    "he was jilted at the altar by his bride-to-be"
    synonyms:leave, throw over, finish with, break up with, spurn; More
noun
archaic
  1. 1.
    a person, especially a woman, who capriciously rejects a lover.

Historical case in point:

<< "Kid, have you taken the ``VMS for TOPS-20 managers'' course yet?"
I walked over to the man and I said "Mister, you got a lot of damned
gall asking me if I've taken the ``VMS for TOPS-20 managers'' course
yet.  I mean... I mean... I mean, I'm sitting here on the bench, I'm
sitting here on the LCG SIG bench, 'cause you want to know if I'm
braindamaged enough trade my PDP-10 for partial credit on a system
that doesn't even handle filename completion after being a litterbug." >>

That's DXC all over again.

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Pradip Deshmukh

May 30, 2018, 7:03:19 AM5/30/18
to Eucalyptus Users
Does any one have eucalyptus-install script??

Steve Jones

May 30, 2018, 11:47:40 AM5/30/18
to Pradip Deshmukh, Eucalyptus Users

If you are looking for faststart then you can use the instructions
here:

https://www.eucalyptus.cloud/#faststart

if you wanted a full install then the documentation for 4.4.3 should be
up to date:

https://docs.eucalyptus.cloud/eucalyptus/4.4.3/index.html#shared/instal
l_section.html

Steve

Steve Jones

May 30, 2018, 11:52:07 AM5/30/18
to Sourabh Maybhate, euca-...@eucalyptus.com

What is not working? (or feel free to open an issue here https://github
.com/Corymbia/eucalyptus/issues with details)

Steve

Ashish Mehta

May 30, 2018, 11:54:31 AM5/30/18
to Steve Jones, Sourabh Maybhate, euca-...@eucalyptus.com
Yeah sure Steve
I am doing PH.D  in cloud computing and established private cloud.

Metta Crawler

May 31, 2018, 5:56:51 AM5/31/18
to Eucalyptus Users

Ashish Mehta