No Internet access on CentOS for Eucalyptus

amy.bu...@mail.dcu.ie

Nov 15, 2017, 5:15:19 PM11/15/17
to Eucalyptus Users
Hi all,

I have been trying to set up Eucalyptus faststart on CentOS using VMware workstation. However when I log onto Eucalyptus there seems to be no internet connection. I've been googling this for the past few days and can't seem to find any solution.

I used the Eucalyptus faststart-3.4.1 iso file for this process as this is the only fast start iso file I had access to as they are no longer available to download on the Eucalyptus website. The version of centOS i am using is as follows: CentOS-6.4-64-bit.

The process I used to install it is as follows:
- Set up a new virtual machine in vmware
- Selected the installer disc image file (iso) option and navigated to my fast start iso file
- Select Linux - CentOS64-bit as the guest operating system
- Set maximum disc size to 40GB and set to store virtual disc as a single file
- I then went into Customize Hardware and set the following settings;
1. Memory - 4GB
2. 2 processors and 2 core processors
3. Checked the Visualize Intel Vt-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVi check box & Visualize CPU performance counters check box.
4. Network Adapter: NAT: Used to share the hosts IP address

I then powered on my virtual machine and selected install centOS 6 with Eucalyptus cloud in a box. Once this finished I selected my languages etc and then it prompted me to enter my host name etc.

It then prompts me to configure the network where I selected the following:
- Network Interface: eth0
- Mode: Static
I then went into advanced network configuration and selected System eth0 and pressed edit in here I did the following:
- Checked connect automatically
- Went into IPv4 settings and changed method to manual
- Added my IP address and gateway (This may be where I went wrong - used the cmd prompt to find this multiple ethernets/wireless lan adapters appeared - I used Wireless Lan adapter Wifi as this had both an IPv4 and a gateway)

I then had to enter my public ip range/list (I wasn't too sure what to put in here so this could also be the cause of the error) so I just put in my Ip address with/24 after it.

Sorry for the overload of information but I am very new and inexperienced at this so thought it would be best to include as much detail as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Amy