Take the Civility Starts Here Individual Pledge

Google Forms

Jun 28, 2024, 6:04:20 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to gh...@estes.org
Google Forms

Thanks for filling out Take the Civility Starts Here Individual Pledge

Here's what was received.

Take the Civility Starts Here Individual Pledge

Civility is the steadfast practice of respect, even in disagreement, that fosters constructive dialogue and connection, recognizing the inherent dignity of every person.

Building a strong and united community with effective governance requires respectful dialogue and collaboration. The Colorado Municipal League's (CML) Civility Starts Here initiative is a statewide movement to foster civility in our local governments.

As a municipal leader/staff member in your community, your words and actions have power and they set the tone for civil discourse. By taking the Civility Pledge, you can commit to respectful communication, collaboration, and fostering a more engaged community. This pledge outlines specific actions you can take to promote civility and create a more positive and productive environment in your municipality.

Civility Starts Here Individual Pledge

In support of civility, I recognize:

  • That the well-being of our city/town relies on fostering respectful discourse and collaborative efforts.
  • The invaluable contribution of diverse perspectives to informed decision-making.

  • The imperative of maintaining an open and inclusive governing body for all our constituents.

I, an elected officials/municipal employee of [City/Town name], hereby pledge to:

Engage in civil discourse. I commit to communicating respectfully, even in disagreement, avoiding personal attacks and inflammatory language. I will:

  1. Listen actively and openly: I will seek to understand diverse viewpoints and perspectives, giving each voice due consideration.

  2. Promote respectful debate: I will encourage fair and productive dialogue, allowing time for robust discussion and thoughtful deliberation.

  3. Value collaboration: I will prioritize finding common ground and building consensus towards solutions that benefit the entire community.

  4. Treat all with respect: I will conduct myself with courtesy and dignity towards fellow officials, staff, and the public, fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment.

  5. Model constructive leadership: I will uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct and transparency, setting a positive example for our community.

  6. Hold ourselves accountable: I will continuously reflect on my behavior and strive to uphold this pledge with integrity and sincerity, and encourage others to do the same.

Through this commitment to civility, I pledge to build a stronger, more prosperous, and united [City/Town name].

First Name, Last Name *

Gary Hall

Municipality (City of XXX or Town of XXX) *

Town of Estes Park

Title/Position with Municipality *

Mayor

Please include and display my name, municipality, and title on a cml.org list of those who have also taken the Civility Pledge. *

Yes, please add my name to display on the CML list.
No, I prefer to not have my name included on the list.
Create your own Google Form
Report Abuse

Gary Hall

Jun 28, 2024, 6:14:20 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to Town Clerk
Town Clerk's office, if you can forward this Civility Pledge that I signed to the Trustees, that would be terrific. Cindy mentioned it at the Board meeting, and I think it's a fine idea.

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706