reporter inquiry

Leigh Paterson

Jun 12, 2024, 4:24:51 PMJun 12
to gh...@estes.org

Hey there Mayor Hall,

Just left you a voicemail, following up with an email in case it’s the best way to reach you right now.

I’m working on a short news item about the status of the Loop project and what visitors to Estes can expect this summer. Do you have time for a quick phone interview tomorrow or next week?

Thanks!

Leigh

Leigh Paterson [She/Her]

Senior Editor & Reporter
KUNC

M: 551-689-3113
E: Leigh.P...@kunc.org

kunc.org

Need to update your membership?
Visit the Membership Hub.

Gary Hall

Jun 12, 2024, 7:34:34 PMJun 12
to Leigh Paterson
Yes, I am out of town but generally in range for the rest of this week, and also many times avail next week. If Thurs or Fri is superior, this week, we can look at what time might work on those days, thanks!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Leigh Paterson

Jun 13, 2024, 11:11:25 AMJun 13
to Gary Hall

Hi Mayor Hall! Thanks for your message. How about Tuesday at 9MT?

Image removed by sender.  Image removed by sender.  Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Gary Hall

Jun 13, 2024, 6:30:57 PMJun 13
to Leigh Paterson
I'm very happy to do this, I really do like what you folks have done at KUNC over the years. So, let's see what we can do. I can do most anytime tomorrow, the 14th, at 9 AM or after.  I can do any time 9 - 12:30 or after 3 on Monday the 17th, if that's better. Tuesday is rather full, though later afternoon might be a possibility. Saturday the 15th, I will be on the road and reception might be a challenge at times, so I can't predict. Later Sunday, after 3 or 4 PM, could work. Do any of those work for you? Thanks!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Leigh Paterson

Jun 14, 2024, 12:51:07 PMJun 14
to Gary Hall
Hi! Unfortunately, I’m traveling today and this weekend. How about Wednesday? I’m flexible all day.

Leigh

Jun 14, 2024, 11:16:43 PMJun 14
to Leigh Paterson
Wednesday 10:30 - 12 or 1 - 3 are best, but yes!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Leigh Paterson

Jun 15, 2024, 12:04:58 PMJun 15
to Gary Hall
Great. Let’s do Wed at 10:30MT. I’ll send a zoom invite next week!
Jun 18, 2024, 10:15:07 AM (13 days ago) Jun 18
to Gary Hall

Goodmorning! Here is zoom info for our chat tomorrow:

Leigh Paterson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: KUNC interview

Time: Jun 19, 2024 10:30 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76086063607?pwd=sajV6PDphGZdERR34KYwmGZXfiNT2z.1

Meeting ID: 760 8606 3607

Passcode: AaDah5

Image removed by sender.  Image removed by sender.  Image removed by sender.

Gary Hall

Jun 18, 2024, 10:58:53 AM (13 days ago) Jun 18
to Leigh Paterson
Thanks, got it! I hear that there was an NPR discussion of construction challenges in Estes yesterday, Monday? Do you have a link that I could listen to what was said in that before we meet? It won’t impact my comments, but it would be good to hear, if possible. Thanks!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Leigh Paterson

Jun 18, 2024, 11:01:04 AM (13 days ago) Jun 18
to Gary Hall

Hi! Maybe that was with a reporter from CPR? Nobody from my station has covered the Loop recently….

Leigh Paterson [She/Her]

Senior Editor & Reporter
KUNC

M: 551-689-3113
E: Leigh.P...@kunc.org

kunc.org

Need to update your membership?
Visit the Membership Hub.

Gary Hall

Jun 18, 2024, 11:02:40 AM (13 days ago) Jun 18
to Leigh Paterson
OK, I’ll check with the guy who mentioned it to me, he said NPR, but perhaps was amiss, thanks, good!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Gary Hall

Jun 19, 2024, 2:24:22 PM (12 days ago) Jun 19
to Leigh Paterson
Thanks for the time. Gosh, I looked old on my video. But hopefully got you good information. Let me know when the interview bits will be broadcast, and thanks for helping us get the word out!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Leigh Paterson

Jun 20, 2024, 10:53:53 AM (11 days ago) Jun 20
to Gary Hall

Thanks for making the time to chat! I’ll give you a heads up before the item airs.

Leigh

Leigh Paterson [She/Her]

Senior Editor & Reporter
KUNC

M: 551-689-3113
E: Leigh.P...@kunc.org

kunc.org

Need to update your membership?
Visit the Membership Hub.

Gary Hall

Jun 30, 2024, 11:20:27 PM (12 hours ago) Jun 30
to Leigh Paterson
Leigh, I think the item aired a week ago Friday; I had a couple of folks mention they heard it.

I can't find it online on the website -- can you send me a link for that broadcast, or direct me to where it can be found? Thanks!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Leigh Paterson

10:57 AM (19 minutes ago) 10:57 AM
to Gary Hall

Mayor Hall! My apologies for forgetting to email the segment to you. It aired on June 20th and 21st. There was no online version but here is what we broadcasted:

HOST INTRO:  Road construction on a controversial traffic project in Estes (ESS-tess) Park continues this summer as tourists pass through en route to Rocky Mountain National Park. KUNC’s Leigh Paterson has more on what visitors can expect.

AUDIO: LP_0620_LoopLag_Wrap.wav (:45 sec)

The goal of the Downtown Estes Loop Project is to ease congestion in town and get drivers to and from Rocky Mountain National Park quicker.  But  construction of The Loop has taken over parts of the small downtown. Mayor Gary Hall says tourists will have to navigate new one way roads and signals.

(SOUNDBITE MAYOR HALL) Speaker 2: [00:05:15] word's gotten around that while it, it's a bit of a traffic jam up in Estes. Well, you actually can get through downtown most of the time in 3 or 4 minutes..

Economic disruption due to the construction recently prompted town officials to approve  $200,000 in grants to impacted businesses. The Loop project is set to be completed in January of 2025. Leigh Paterson, KUNC.