June Newsletter

Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County

Jun 28, 2024, 4:49:12 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to cyoun...@estes.org
Summer of Discovery, Spring Soirée Recap, 2023 Impact Report & More!

June Newsletter

CEO Letter

Summer is my absolute favorite season of the year. Flip flops, outdoor concerts, mountain hikes, farmers markets, cooling off at the pool, and everything else that comes with sunny days and warm weather.  This will be our largest summer program on record, with over 1,300 youth enrolled, all of them excited to make new friends and memories through the incredible experiences that BGCLC creates each day. We're also expanding Summer of Discovery into our Loveland Pulliam Club and will be giving more young people the opportunity to explore workforce opportunities and possible career paths through our local business partners. These leadership development programs and countless field trips would not be possible without the hard work and commitment of our amazing staff.

I would also like to recognize and celebrate all of our staff, donors, and volunteers who identify as members of our LGBTQ+ community - Happy Pride Month to YOU! Our unique differences are what make us beautiful as individuals and our recognition and celebration of diversity at BGCLC is what makes us people-centered and trauma informed. And most importantly, creating a safe space of acceptance and belonging for our youth who may also identify as LGBTQ+ is critical to ensuring that each and every child that walks through our doors feels that they are part of our community.

We're creating BIG smiles for our kids this summer and it is truly an honor to do so. Thank you for your continued support of BGCLC and HAPPY SUMMER!

With gratitude,

Chief Executive Officer

Youth Explore Careers Through Summer of Discovery

Summer of Discovery, our middle school program that combines academic enrichment and career exploration, is in full swing! During our Trades & Construction week, participants got the chance to visit various parts of a car dealership with Pedersen Toyota.

Youth were given a tour of the dealership and a sneak peek at different career options in the automotive industry. They learned about selling cars, being a mechanic, managing a dealership, and more. Seeing the behind-the-scenes of the automotive industry heightened curiosity and inspired questions from participants!

Megan Alayon, Certified Sales Consultant at Pedersen Toyota, led the tour for Sage Homes Wellington, Fort Collins, and Loveland-Pulliam Club members.

"It is so important to show future generations all of the jobs that are possible, with or without a college degree," Alayon said.

This year is our biggest Summer of Discovery program to date with expansion to our Loveland-Pulliam Club. Adam Giroux, Assistant Club Director at our Loveland-Pulliam Club, says the expansion involved meetings, planning, and teamwork to bring this new opportunity to Loveland-Pulliam youth.

"I have seen members who have been a part of Club for several years really engage and participate on a completely different level than before," Giroux said.

Want to support programming like Summer of Discovery? Make a one-time or monthly donation here!

Spring Soirée: Believe. Belong. Bloom!

Our Spring Soirée was an incredible success! We exceeded our fundraising goal, raising over $180,000 to support youth in Larimer County!

A huge thank you to our amazing supporters and sponsors who made this event unforgettable! More than 300 people came out to Hilton Fort Collins for the event that featured our senior Youth of the Year, Wesley, and celebrated the importance of out-of-school programming. We are so proud to be part of such a generous community!

Check out this video and meet Wesley, our 2024 Youth of the Year!

Upcoming Event: Fore the Kids Golf Classic

Monday, September 9, 2024

12:00 p.m. Shotgun Start

Harmony Golf Club

4175 Club Drive, Timnath, CO 80547

Mark your calendars!

The Fore the Kids Golf Classic, our annual fundraising golf tournament, will be held September 9, 2024, at Harmony Golf Club. This is the perfect day of competition and networking, including a shopping experience, course games, an award banquet, and more!

Foursomes are almost sold out, but limited sponsorships are still available! Please contact our Development Manager, Caitlin Carter, at cca...@bgclarimer.org for more information.

Our 2023 Impact Report is Here!

Did you know BGCLC provided $801,872 in scholarships to families last year?

BGCLC is incredibly proud of the

positive impact we made on Larimer County youth, families, and community

members in 2023. Check out our 2023 Impact Report to see what else we were up to last year!

See our 2023 Impact Report

News & Announcements

BGCLC Selected as Regional Trauma-Informed Training Hub

After a highly competitive selection process, Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County is officially BGCA’s Trauma-Informed Intensive Regional Training Hub for the Southwest Region!

Staff from Clubs across the region will join us for a 3-day intensive trauma-informed training, led by staff from all different areas of our organization.

This training will take place at our Loveland-Pulliam location and will host about 60 staff from other organizations, one time per year, for the next two years.

Huge congratulations to our staff who exemplify trauma-informed practice in Club every day!

Chartered Technology Presents About Cyber Safety to Garfield Club

Our Garfield Elementary Club members learned about internet safety with local IT company and BGCLC partner, Chartered Technology.

Members learned about cyberbullying, keeping themselves and others safe online, and so much more!

At BGCLC, we are committed to providing safe out-of-school spaces for our members.

Thank you for presenting this extremely relevant and important topic and contributing to the next generation’s safety!

Colorado Academic Accelerator Opportunity Expands BGCLC STEM Programming

With the help of state funding from the Colorado Academic Accelerator opportunity, we are excited to offer an expansion of programming for youth that is aimed at heightening student learning with academic support and tutoring, enrichment activities, and family engagement focused on growth in STEM.

In partnership with Thompson School District and Estes Park School District, we aim to help youth grow in essential STEM-related skills including communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking.

This expansion of services will further enrich the quality out-of-school programming we offer for youth who need us most.

Let's Get Social!

Facebook  Instagram  LinkedIn  X

Exclusive Title Partners

Presenting Partners

Premier Partners

Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County | 103 Smokey Street | Fort Collins, CO 80525 US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact