VEP June Report -- impressive!

Gary Hall

Jun 28, 2024, 3:31:43 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to Kara Franker, Rebecca Domenico-Gelsinger, Kirby Hazelton
Kara & Rebecca, I'm very impressed with the report and the creativity and information throughout. The O'Hare item, the Expedia tie-in, the great statistics about which social media platforms are preferred by different generations (those Boomers do still love Google, though 😀 ), and so much more.Networking with CSAE and others; the success of Estes Experiences; it goes on and on.  The energy of your team and the continually evolving outreach, coupled with great analytics, is the right formula to help the Estes cause.

I've seen the Steamboat equivalent of the Ski Jor event; it will be interesting to see if that catches on, kind of the January version of the rodeo.

If the Sundance thing gets awarded to Colorado, I imagine we'll get a lot of folks (some well-to-do) to day trip (or longer) from Boulder, though that's years off (2027, I think), even if it does occur.

Anyway, way too much to mention, but some of those items above caught my eye, in addition to a lot of the key statistics.

Can you add my Town email to the distribution list of that report so I see it firsthand? Thanks.

And thanks, Kara, for the excellent presentation on Tuesday. There was obviously a lot of interest in certain topics from the trustees, and I'm sure you took a couple potential follow-up items. I'm very much looking forward to part two of your presentation. I continue to have a very high appreciation of what the team is doing over there -- you don't sit still, and your positive impact on the Estes community is substantial and necessary. Thanks for all!

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706

Kara Franker

Jun 28, 2024, 4:16:06 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to Gary Hall, Rebecca Domenico-Gelsinger, Kirby Hazelton, Rachel Ward Oppermann
Mayor Hall,

Thank you so much for your kind words and I will share your note with the staff. And yes, we will absolutely add your email to our list when Rebecca sends out the board slides and also when Rachel sends out our stakeholder e-newsletter.

I'm working with Travis to get a date to present the visitor intercept study, so I will plan on having the next edition for the Town Board shortly.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Kara

--

Kara Franker, JD, CDME

CEO

Visit Estes Park

1692 Big Thompson Ave., Suite 101

PO Box 4426

Estes Park, CO 80517

Cell: 305.321.3929

visitestespark.com

kfra...@visitestespark.com

Rachel Ward Oppermann

Jun 28, 2024, 4:41:12 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to Kara Franker, Gary Hall, Rebecca Domenico-Gelsinger, Kirby Hazelton
Yes, thank you for these kind words, Mayor!

You are now on the list to receive our stakeholder newsletter, which covers news from VEP as well as all the ways partners can get involved in our initiatives and projects.

Kindly,
Rachel
--

Rachel Ward Oppermann

Advocacy & Sustainability Director

Visit Estes Park

1692 Big Thompson Ave. Ste.101

Estes Park, CO 80517

970-628-0743

rac...@visitestespark.com

Gary Hall

Jun 28, 2024, 6:08:37 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to Rachel Ward Oppermann, Kara Franker, Rebecca Domenico-Gelsinger, Kirby Hazelton

Gary M. Hall
Mayor of the Town of Estes Park
Office phone: 970-577-3706
Thanks, all!

Rebecca Domenico-Gelsinger

Jun 28, 2024, 6:41:09 PM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to Rachel Ward Oppermann, Kara Franker, Gary Hall, Kirby Hazelton
So great to hear from you, Mayor Hall. We certainly appreciate your support!

I will add you to the distribution list for our monthly presentation slides.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rebecca D. Gelsinger

Chief Operating Officer

Visit Estes Park