TIA Monthly Newsletter - May 2021

Stephanie Kucera

Apr 26, 2021, 11:01:00 AM4/26/21
to Teacher Incentive Allotment, t becker, Kristin Arterbury, Stephanie Kucera, Charlene Simpson
TIA Monthly Newsletter
May 2021
Just-In-Time Tip
About 10 days ago LEAs across the state submitted their Cohort D application. There were 12 applications submitted by LEAs in Region 12. These districts will be receiving feedback from TEA by the end of May with the opportunity to make edits and updates prior to application approval. We applaud those who worked on this process during what has been a very challenging year. We feel fairly certain if you asked the TIA lead in each district they would tell you it’s about more than the money, and each district grew in an understanding of their practices related to teacher observation and student growth. The ESC Region 12 team is grateful to have the opportunity to work with LEAs as they develop their local designation system. If we can assist please reach out to Stephanie Kucera at sku...@esc12.net. She will help get your team started and connect you with those at ESC 12 who have specific expertise around any questions you may have.
Action Items
Cohort D (and planning ahead for Cohort E)

  • Make requested edits to your Cohort D application after receiving feedback from TEA. Reach out to ESC Region 12 if we can provide support around specific questions.
  • Find opportunities to communicate with stakeholders at the end of the school year prior to teachers heading home for the summer.
  • Finalize plans for summer professional development, especially as related to calibration of teacher observations and student growth.
  • We anticipate some applications will receive pretty quick approval at the end of May. Be sure to consider dates and times to review the final approved application with stakeholder groups.
Resources
Webinars and training resources are located at the following link
Teacher videos and TIA-related press has been added to the TEA website - https://tiatexas.org/tia-resources/tia-voices-and-news/

Hot Topics / FAQs

What does TEA want for this answer? TEA wants to know what you are doing. They want to know the HOW behind your practices. Remember TEA staff reviewing the applications are not present in your district. They don’t know your daily practices. Oftentimes we find practices are “in our heads...it’s just what we do,”  but are documented nowhere in writing. This seems to have been one of the biggest aha-moments as we worked through the TIA process with Cohort D.

Upcoming Dates
  • May 14, 2021 - Teacher buy-in survey link closes

  • Last week of May - TEA feedback sent to LEAs via email

  • June 30 (9:00-12:00) - T-TESS Refresher and Calibration Practices - Session #241883

  • June 30 (1:00-4:00) - Introduction to the Teacher Incentive Allotment - Session #248536

  • Mid-July - Notification of application status

  • September 13 (9:00-12:00) - Introduction to the Teacher Incentive Allotment - Registration will open soon.

Contact Us
Questions or Concerns?

Stephanie Kucera

Stephanie Kucera