Drinkers of the Wind Arabians-bred DWA Barack Earns Year-End Endurance Honors

Ridecamp EnduranceNet

Dec 6, 2021, 12:12:19 PM12/6/21
to ride...@endurance.net
IMG_7427_DWABarack.jpg

December 6 2021

Bred by DWA Arabians, in Bellevue, Idaho, and owned by Connie Holloway, DWA Barack earned year-end Endurance honors in both SWITnDR and PNER Endurance clubs. Holloway and Barack completed all 11 of their starts in the 2021 Endurance season.

In the local riding group SWITnDR (Southwest Idaho Trail and Distance Riders) they placed 1st in point standings, 4th in horse and rider standings with 250 Endurance miles, and 6th in Limited Distance miles with 155 miles.

And by completing all 11 of their rides of the 2021 season, Barack earned a “Sandy Bar” award in PNER (Pacific Northwest Endurance Rides), for horses who complete at least 10 rides in a row in one season. They also placed 6th in club mileage.

He’s come a long way,” says Holloway. “I took him on as my ‘Coronavirus project’ at the beginning of 2020, as a 12-year-old. I put a lot of time and effort into developing his mind and into getting him to balance up on the trails.” Barack completed 10 of his 12 rides in the 2020 season, and this season he started moving up to 50-milers, and finished all of his rides, 6 Limited Distance and 5 Endurance for a total of 405 miles.

By Moment of Valor, DWA Barack is out of DWA French Kiss (Haffir El Rimal X DWA WH Zinfandel, by Sabson), one of breeder Robert “Archie” Bouttier’s favorite mares that he bred, raced, and competed on in Endurance.

Bouttier passed away in early 2021, but his equine legacy continues.

See more on DWA Arabians at:

https://dwarabians.com/

DrinkersOfTheWind_150.jpg