AHA Distance Nationals

stephanie teeter

Aug 26, 2014, 6:16:11 PM8/26/14
to SWI...@yahoogroups.com, PNER@yahoogroups.com PNER, Ridecamp Teeter, AERCMemb...@yahoogroups.com, Mountain Region Endurance Riders Group/Forum
Things are progressing for the AHA Distance Nationals and Owyhee Canyonlands Pioneer in September!

Reminder - you need to submit your entry applications to AHA by September 8 to avoid paying a late fee. If you aren't sure which day(s) of the open Pioneer event you'll be riding, or you need to make changes once you get here, we can deal with that during the event w/o a late fee as long as you submit your entry information with your intended event days.

Tentative maps are up for Days 1, 2, and 3. (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)

The AHA CTR Championship is Day 1 (40 miles) and Day 2 (30 miles).

Day 1 will be a relatively moderate course, mostly good footing along cow trails and jeep roads, some sand washes and some short rocky stretches. You'll ride north into the Morley Nelson Birds of Pray Conservation Area and along the Snake River for a few miles around Wild Horse Butte.

Day 2 will be rockier with more climbs. You'll ride through scenic Sinker Canyon and then up into the foothills for some spectacular views. This is a somewhat rocky course, especially through the canyon. (we're using the 'old' Sinker Canyon course instead of the reservoir and trail we did at Fandango)

The AHA 50 Mile Championship is Day 3. This will be the same course as Day 1.

The AHA 100 Mile Championship is Day 4, I'm still working out the final map details. We'll use most of the Day 1 and 3 trails for good footing and moderate difficulty plus a few other trails. I'm trying to keep it 'pleasant' with enough challenge to be interesting, but minimal rock. stay tuned...!

Steph

Lynn White

Aug 26, 2014, 8:43:18 PM8/26/14
to ridecamp
I'm confused about the registration.  Is this AHA only?  If I am just AERC can I still ride?   If I'm just riding the open AERC rides do I still need to fill out the AHA form and pay both the AHA fee and the AERC fees.  Thanks!

Eric Rueter - Fleet Foot Farm

Aug 26, 2014, 8:55:33 PM8/26/14
to ride...@endurance.net

No, yes, no.  The Event consists of Open CTR and Open AERC and the AHA National Championships.  You are most welcome to come and ride in the Open Rides – obviously we would prefer that you also enter the Championships, but it is not a requirement.  There is only one form.  If you are not entering the Championship rides, just fill in what you can (all the information you enter for an AERC ride).  The AHA fees listed include the AERC/CTR Open ride fees and anyone entering the AHA Championship rides will automatically be entered in the corresponding Open rides.  If only entering the Open ride, then you only need to pay the Open fee.

Did this make it worse or better?

thanx eric

Eric Rueter

11045 Friendsville Road