Looking for a boarding situation near Houston

Mickie Newnam

Jul 11, 2014, 1:04:57 AM7/11/14
to ride...@endurance.net
A good friend of mine may be relocating to the Houston TX area. She will be working in Houston, but prefers to live a bit outside of it. Doesn't mind commuting a bit to work but does want to find a barn to board her Morgan gelding within 15-20 minutes of a decent pet-friendly apartment if possible. She has found some nice apartments in the Cypress area, so that's one possibility, but she's willing to look at others also.
Naturally, looking for barns long-distance means that a search brings up big barns, but not necessarily the smaller ones that may take in a horse or 2 or so. I'd love to have information on any barns in that area that anyone might know of (or list members who may take in boarders).
Barn would need to be full-care as she has physical limitations that won't allow her to clean, move hay, etc. She drives as well as rides, so either driving-friendly trails or other areas that are suitable for driving would be a big help.
If anyone knows of a barn that might be suitable, please reply to this and I'll pass the info on to her. Thanks!

Amy

Jul 11, 2014, 8:56:53 AM7/11/14
to ride...@endurance.net
7iL trails in Cat Springs west of Houston has full service boarding and driving trails.  http://www.7iltrails.com   I have also driven in Jones State Forest which is more North of Houston.  I am sure there are others, good luck and welcome to Houston!

Amy