[Endurance Riding: News] USA Team Starters for 2014 WEG Endurance Championship

Endurance.Net

Aug 27, 2014, 3:06:02 PM8/27/14
to ne...@endurance.net
August 27 2014

After today's veterinary inspections in Normandy, France, the final USA Team has been announced. They are:

Heather Reynolds on Chanses
Ellyn Olson on Hot Desert Knight
Jeremy Reynolds on Gold Dust Rising
Kelsey Russell on My Wild Irish Gold
Jeremy Olson on Wallace Hill Shade

Alternate Jeremy Olson and Wallace Hill Shade moved up to starting position when Meg Sleeper's Syrocco Reveille passed the vet inspection but showed a lameness for part of the trot out.

USA Chef d'Equipe Emmett Ross said, "After careful consideration, the team Vet, Chef d'Equipe and Selector, have decided to substitute Jeremy Olson and Wallace Hill Shade for WEG 2014. We share in Meg's deep disappointment and appreciate her continued commitment to team success. We thank Meg, her crew and supporters for all they have done and will continue to do to help the US Team, on race day, August 28."

Meg commented, "There are times that are difficult and painful, but the good times far outweigh the bad ones." She'll be crewing for the US Team and sending updates if possible (Wifi is sketchy at the venue.)

Starting time for tomorrow's 160-km race is 7 AM in Normandy; 2 AM (tonight) eastern, 1 AM central, 12 midnight mountain, and 11 PM pacific.

Follow the race here:
http://www.endurance.net/international/France/2014WEG/

--
Posted By Endurance.Net to Endurance Riding: News at 8/27/2014 12:05:00 PM