[USA Events and News] American Pharoah

Endurance.Net

Aug 29, 2015, 10:29:46 AM8/29/15
to tra...@endurance.net
It's not Endurance.... but what a horse! Races today (Saturday August 29) at Saratoga Springs.

From the NYT article:

As magical as racehorses are in full flight, the horse people who filled the racetrack here Friday felt privileged to experience American Pharoah at rest — especially his trainer, Baffert.

“I think I know how it feels to be a Secret Service agent,” he said, “and to protect a precious package.”

..read the full New York Times article here

--
Posted By Endurance.Net to USA Events and News at 8/29/2015 08:29:00 AM

endurancehorsemt

Sep 11, 2015, 1:19:26 PM9/11/15
to ride...@endurance.net, tra...@endurance.net
That horse is in my mind the definition of "poetry in motion". Whatever bad there is in racing, we would never have been able to witness his greatness if not for racing. I was trackside at Belmont to see him win the Triple Crown, but what I have watched at least 30 times beginning to end is this video of one of his warmups the week before that race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuyquO5WfG4.

Even, or maybe especially, the trot-out when he's being ponied is really something to watch. To me it's more beautiful than any dressage performance.  (And as cool of a horse as Smokey is, you can't help but notice the contrast between him and Pharoah :).

Karen in MT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AERC # M39603
www.allthingsendurance.com
PharoahStretch.jpg

Merri Melde

Sep 11, 2015, 6:00:37 PM9/11/15
to ride...@endurance.net, tra...@endurance.net
he is amazing to watch!

and since now he might meet the mare Beholder in the Breeders Cup Classic, and since she's pretty stunning too, and since this is not endurance-related but who cares because it's magical, watch her last race where she destroys the boys in the Pacific Classic:

Karen

Sep 11, 2015, 7:27:37 PM9/11/15
to ride...@endurance.net, tra...@endurance.net
Love it when the girl wins!! Hmmm, these two could make a good pair...

Sent from my iPad

Kelley Brough

Sep 11, 2015, 11:23:56 PM9/11/15
to ride...@endurance.net, tra...@endurance.net
Wow she is flying!

Sent from my iPhone

DORY JACKSON

Sep 12, 2015, 12:09:30 AM9/12/15
to ride...@endurance.net
I would love to see the foal if they should ever breed!

 Dory Jackson
Brejd Arabians and Sport Horses

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RidecampRedistributed" group.