Featured Video: Vermont 100

Merri Melde

Dec 20, 2014, 11:36:28 AM12/20/14
to ride...@endurance.net
There's a push lately to figure out  how to get riders interested in doing more 100s.

Our Featured Video on the front page is the Vermont 100, billed as "the only race in the country where riders and runners share the same trail!"

http://www.endurance.net/

Patti Steman says, come "share the trail with about 300 runners sharing the same course at the same time -- magical! To me, this ride is one that should be on everyone's bucket list if they can possibly get there. Single 100 mile loop, not only vet checks, but runners' aid stations all along the way where you get cheered (and food and drink if you're charming enough), and gorgeous views and scenery as you travel the challenging course ... Top notch."

http://www.endurance.net/

Barbara MCrary

Dec 20, 2014, 5:28:58 PM12/20/14
to me...@endurance.net, ride...@endurance.net

We used to put on a Ride & Tie with Swanton Pacific until we retired from ride management. We had a one-loop 100 with no backtracking, and the runners did the same trail as the riders. I know, as a past Ride & Tier, that it is very encouraging to have people cheer you on.  Ask Lani Newcomb and Kathy Broaddus about their experiences on the SP R&T. They would fly out, rent or borrow a horse, and go for it. They really loved to do this.

Barbara