[Endurance Riding: News] Al Faresi: I have waited for this moment so long

Endurance.Net

Sep 29, 2014, 7:30:27 PM9/29/14
to ne...@endurance.net
Gulfnews.com - Full Article

Emirati rider says advice of Shaikh Mohammad help him win

By Leslie Wilson JrRacing & Special Features Writer
Published: September 28, 2014

Samorin, Slovakia: With success having eluded him in nine years of riding, Mansour Saeed Al Faresi was probably one of the unlikely candidates to excel in the FEI World Endurance Championships for Young Horses 2014 at Samorin, Slovakia, on Saturday.

The advice of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai helped him brush aside his past disappointment and claim victory for the UAE on a day that ended in heartache for his teammate Shaikh Hamed Dalmouk Al Maktoum.

Shaikh Hamed was the first rider to cross the finish line at the end of the 120km CEI 4* ride, but his horse, Normandy, went lame and was cruelly disqualified in the final VET gate...

Read more here:
http://gulfnews.com/sport/horse-racing/al-faresi-i-have-waited-for-this-moment-so-long-1.1391296?utm_content=1.1391296&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=Feeds&utm_campaign=Al_Faresi%3A_I_have_waited_for_this_moment_so_long&localLinksEnabled=false&utm_term=Sport_RSS_feed

--
Posted By Endurance.Net to Endurance Riding: News at 9/29/2014 04:30:00 PM

Keith Kibler

Sep 29, 2014, 9:06:32 PM9/29/14
to ride...@endurance.net, ne...@endurance.net
At the risk of sounding like a shrew which I am not and am not anti-fei, these are 4 year old horses being ridden 100 miles on a difficult course with sub 6 hour ride times?
  And the first across the line "was cruelly disqualified for failing to pass vet examination"????
Keith Kibler

Sent from my iPhone

Merri Melde

Sep 29, 2014, 9:15:38 PM9/29/14
to ride...@endurance.net
I wondered if anybody would catch that: first across the line "was cruelly disqualified for failing to pass vet examination"
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Keith Kibler <skki...@frontier.com> wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a shrew which I am not and am not anti-fei, these are 4 year old horses being ridden 100 miles on a difficult course with sub 6 hour ride times?
  And the first across the line "was cruelly disqualified for failing to pass vet examination"????
Keith Kibler

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2014, at 6:30 PM, "Endurance.Net" <ride...@gmail.com> wrote:

Gulfnews.com - Full Article< /a>

[...]

Barbara McCrary

Sep 29, 2014, 9:49:56 PM9/29/14
to me...@endurance.net, ride...@endurance.net

When I read that, I just snorted. Cruel to whom? Obviously the horse could not handle being raced that way. And protecting the horse is supposed to be one of the primary goals of endurance riding. Well, at least in the USA…

Barbara

western

Sep 29, 2014, 10:46:42 PM9/29/14
to ride...@endurance.net, ne...@endurance.net
120 km is not 100 miles. It is more like 75.
W.

Sent from my iPhone

western

Sep 29, 2014, 10:49:06 PM9/29/14
to ride...@endurance.net, ne...@endurance.net
Not that I endorse racing 75 miles at breakneck speed on a 4 year old.

W.

Sent from my iPhone